Things to Consider
- Battery life
- Procore Features
- Common use cases / personas
Most Recommended Devices
We recommend either using Procore’s iOS or Android applications for on-the-go field use such as a punch walk.
For Procore iOS App
We recommend the iPad Pro (either 10.5 or 12.9in) or the 9.7in iPad for running the Procore app. View more information on iOS products here: https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/.
- For more information on the features available on the iOS app, see Procore Mobile (iOS)
For Procore Android App
- We recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 or ASUS ZenPad Z10 for running the Procore app.
- For more information on the features available on the Android app, see Procore Mobile (Android)
When should I use a Microsoft Surface Pro or similar convertible/2-in-1 hybrid devices?
Many of our customers are interested in buying one device instead of two for their teams’ office and traveling needs. In most cases, the Surface Pro is the go-to choice for many IT departments.
For Procore Windows App
- We recommend the Microsoft Surface Pro (128 GB) for running the Procore app.
- For more information on the features available on the Windows app, see Procore Windows 10 Application.
Minimum device specifications to run the Procore app
We recommend using devices that have at least 32GB free of storage. This is due to many projects requiring 5-10 GBs of storage for their project's drawings, photos, and other documents. We also recommend to follow industry standard Corporate IT equipment guidelines of replacing your device every 2-3 years, so that your device’s speed and battery capacity keep up with the demands of the most up-to-date operating system and applications.
For offline use on some of the Procore apps below, the Procore app will store data locally to your device. The amount of space required on your device will depend on the number of these items within each project. As a rough guide, each page of a drawing requires 1.5 MB of space, each photo is roughly 1 MB, and each page of a document is roughly 1.5 MB. So for large projects, it is not uncommon for the Procore app to store between 5-10 GB total. See How do I manage the storage the Procore mobile app is using on my device?