On the Detail tab for a commitment invoice, when a line item is being billed for an amount in excess of the available funds it can potentially cause budget problems if the overbilled amount is overlooked. You can configure Procore to automatically check for overbilled line items and notify you if you attempt to overbill an item. This feature can be enabled on the Commitment tool's Settings page.
Things to Consider
- You must first turn off the "Allow Over Billing" feature for your project. This will prevent users from saving an invoice if any line item is billed for more than 100% of the budgeted amount.
- If you enable the "Prevent Overbilling on All Projects" option in the company-level Admin tool, the project-level overbilling settings cannot be changed, and all invoices cannot be overbilled. See "Set the Defaults for Your Projects" in the See Also section below.
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Select Invoice Settings on the right panel of the page.
- Clear the "Allow Over Billing" check box.
- Click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
- Navigate to the Detail tab of a commitment invoice.
- Click the Edit button.
- Attempt to bill a line item in excess of 100% of the budgeted amount, and then click Save. A pop-up message appears, notifying you about the invalid line item.
- Adjust the amount so that the line item is not billed in excess of 100%, and then click Save.