To make sure that your multi-tiered locations are properly formatted for import, perform the following steps:
Download the Multi-Tiered Locations Import Template
From the Procore Web Application:
- Navigate to the Project level Admin tool.
- Under 'Project Settings,' click Locations.
- Under 'Import' Locations,' click Download Template to download and save a locations import template to your device.
From the Imports tool on the Windows 10 Application:
- Navigate to the project level Imports tool in the Procore for Windows 10 App.
- Navigate to the Imports tool.
- Under 'Locations,' click Add Locations.
- Choose from the following options:
- Click Save & Open Blank Template to download and save a locations import template to your device.
Format the Multi-Tiered Locations Import Template
- Complete the import template.
- You must work from largest to smallest when creating your locations. Start with the first tier location (example "Building 1") and then add each sub location until each tier is written out (e.g. "Floor 1, Unit 101, Master Bedroom"). See the image below of the recommended order.
- IMPORTANT! When adding a new location tier, leave the rest of the row's cells empty. See image below:
- See below considerations when filling out the template.
- General Considerations
- Make sure you begin with the first tier, then add the first tier with the second tier, and then add the first tier with the second tier and the third tier, etc.
- Make sure there are no blank rows.
- Make sure no additional empty columns were added. (More tiers columns can be added with headers, but no columns can be completely blank to the right or left.)
- The template must be in a .csv format.
- Check for special/hidden characters. Many users will copy/paste their information from Microsoft Word into Excel. The interpretation of the symbols listed below are different between the two applications and will cause import errors. It's important to correct any incorrect symbols before importing. Hidden characters can be found and corrected (in most cases) by copying all data, pasting the text into Notepad, and then copying from Notepad and pasting it into the .xlsx. Be sure to note the correct placement of the information.
- , (comma)
- - (dash)
- / (dash)
- 1/2 (forward slash)
- " (double quote)
- ' (single quote)
- ` (grave accent)
- Important: Do not include ">" in any one tier's location title (e.g. "Floor>1" or "Floor 1>bathroom"). These tiers will be translated as tier separator and will cause the import to fail.
- General Considerations
After you fill out the import template according to the considerations above, you're ready to import your locations with the Imports tool for Windows 10.