Status icons are available in Procore Sync to provide better visibility into the syncing status of files. You will need to enable a setting and restart your computer to have icons displayed on your files that are being managed through Procore Sync.
Status icons can be enabled by following the steps below.
- Procore Sync must be machine installed on the computer (i.e. a system wide install of Procore Sync in C:\Program Files (x86)\Procore Technologies\).
Note: If Sync is already installed in the User folder of the computer, you will need to download and reinstall the latest version of Procore Sync.
- The latest version of Procore Sync must be installed.
- The Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 redistributable must be installed on your Windows machine.
Note: New installations of Procore Sync include this by default. However, some users who upgraded from previous versions of Procore Sync might not have this redistributable installed and could experience an error when trying to enable status icons.
- If you need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 redistributable, click the link below that corresponds with your machine:
- Open Procore Sync by clicking the icon in your computer's system tray.
Tip! Begin typing 'Procore Sync' in your computer's search to easily locate the application.
- Click Settings.
- Mark the checkbox next to 'Enable Icon Overlays'.
Note: You will need to enter Admin credentials to confirm this change. If you do not have Admin credentials, you may need to contact your company's IT department.
- Click Yes in the window to allow the icons to be added.
Note: You will need to restart your computer for the changes to be applied.
- Save any unsaved work on your computer and make sure applications are closed.
- Restart your computer.
- After Procore Sync is launched, the icons will be visible on files in the Procore Sync folder of your computer's file explorer.
Note: The following badge icons might be seen on files in your file explorer:
Green checkmark: Files are synced and up-to-date.
Blue arrows: File syncing is in progress.
Red exclamation point: There was an error and the file is not synced.
Gray dash: Unknown status. This will occur if Procore Sync is not running in the background.
The image below is an example of how files appear in a computer's file explorer after being synced successfully.