ObjectiveTo create a punch list item in the Punch List tool on a Windows device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Punch List tool.
- 'Admin' level users have complete control of the punch list items and can edit and update any assignee response.
- 'Standard' level users can view all responses, but can only update their response if they are an assignee on the punch list item.
- 'Read-only' level users cannot be assigned a punch list item.
- Punch items can be assigned to multiple persons.
- You will only be able to assign a punch item to a user that exists in the project's directory. If an assignee is missing from the list, he/she must first be added to the project directory before the user can become a selectable option in the dropdown picker.
- Once an initial notification has been sent, selected Assignees will receive daily notifications of overdue items via email; email notifications will end after 45 days.
- Punch item types cannot be created when creating a punch item. Types must be created by an 'Admin' user in the tool's configuration settings before a type can be selected when creating a new punch item. See Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List.
- Navigate to the project's Punch List tool on your Windows device.
- Click Create.
- In the New Punch Item window, enter the following information.
- Status: The status denotes whether or not the issue described in the punch list item has been attended to. The status will default to "Open" until you close out the punch list Item. See Close a Punch List Item. Closing a Punch List item is different than making it as "Resolved", as it signifies that the creator of punch list item agrees that item is completely resolved and no more work can be done for that particular item. Once an item is closed out, it can not be reopened.
- Title: Provide a descriptive title for the punch list item. The punch list item's title is displayed as the title in the list view.
- Description: Enter a more detailed description of the punch list item, such as the specific issue and how it can be fixed.
- Due Date: Select a due date by which the assignee on the task should complete it.
- Assignees: Select the contractor or related contact from your Directory to whom the punch item will be assigned. If an item should be assigned to more than one person, select multiple assignees from the dropdown picker.
- Location: Use the location drop-down menu to select a location the item impacts. This location may be as general as the site location at the first tier or as specific as where on the site the contractor will be working at the second tier.
- Type: Punch item types help categorize items into related areas or divisions. Select the appropriate type for the punch item.
- Trade: Select the applicable trade from the drop-down menu. Trades are configured at the Company level. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Click Save or Save & New.
Note: Clicking Save & New will save the current punch list item and bring up a new punch item create window.