To email files and folders from the Documents tool on an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- Users with 'Standard' and 'Admin' level permissions for the company's Documents tool can email files and folders.
- Users with 'Standard' and 'Admin' level permissions for the project's Documents tool can email project-specific files and folders.
- These permission levels apply to both the company's and project's Documents tool. (Note: permission levels are tool-specific. For example, you can have Read Only level permissions on the company's Documents tool and 'Admin' level permissions on a project's Documents tool. Please keep this in mind when you are looking to tasks at different levels.)
- Files and folders that are emailed from Procore's Documents tool are sent to recipients using a designated company-specific email address. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) However, the name of the sender (e.g. John Doe) will match the person who performed the email action in Procore.
- Emails are marked as "private" by default, which means that only 'Admin' users and designated email recipients (and sender) will be able to view a record of the email under a file or folder's Email Log Report.
- "Private" emails are ideal for documenting and saving sensitive email correspondences in Procore while maintaining privacy settings to ensure that the record of the sent files/folders remains hidden from other users on a project.
- You can only email files/folders to contacts or distribution groups that exist in the directory in order to prevent documents from being shared with external users. At the Project level, you are restricted to users and groups that reside in your Project Directory. Files and folders can be emailed to any user in the directory even if he/she has 'None' access on your project's Documents tool.
- Email recipients can reply to the email directly from their inbox. Any attachments to the reply email will be included along with the body of the email message. Email replies will create new entries in the email's log.
- Mobile: Supported on iOS and Android devices.
- Navigate to the project level Documents tool on your iOS mobile device.
- Tap the file or folder you want to email.
- Tap Share ().
- Tap Email.
- Tap into the following fields to enter the appropriate information:
- To: Tap the 'To' field to select the user(s) or groups who will receive the email.
- Cc: (Optional) Tap the 'Cc' field to include other users you want to copy on the email. You (the person sending the email) will automatically be Cc’ed on the email.
- Bcc: (Optional) Tap the 'Bcc' field to blind carbon copy other users on the email.
- Subject: The default subject will be auto-populated with the item's name and/or number. Tap the 'Subject' field to edit the subject.
- Optional Comments: Tap the field to enter any additional comments that will appear in the body of email.
- Tap Send.