To add a person to the Project Directory on an iOS mobile device.
In Procore, a user is a person whose contact information has been added to the Procore application. Procore uniquely identifies its users by their email address. To add a person to Procore (a.k.a., create a new user account), the minimum requirements are:
- Last Name. This is the user's surname.
- Email Address. This is the unique identifier for a user in Procore. A user can be a member of one or more Procore company accounts (For example, a subcontractor who is doing work for two different general contractors (i.e., Nelson General Contractors) could be added as a user to both companies using the same email address (i.e., email@example.com). When logging in to Procore, he would be presented with the option to choose which company account he wants to view. He can also switch between companies while logged in).
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- Admin' level permission on the project's Directory tool.
- Minimum Required Fields:
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Additional Information:
- When you create a new user in a Project Directory, the user is also automatically added to the Company Directory.
- Personal Avatars can only be added to Procore by the end user. For details, see What is an avatar and how do I create one?
- Navigate to the Directory tool on an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the + icon.
- Tap Add Contact.
Import an Existing Contact to the Project's Directory
- Tap Import from Contacts.
- Tap the desired existing contact.
Note: This is a contact stored locally to your device outside of Procore.
- Tap into a field to edit or add any relevant information.
- Tap Done to add the contact to the project's directory.
Add a New Contact to the Project's Directory
- Tap Create New Contact.
- Tap into a field to add the relevant information:
Note: Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Tap Done to save the contact to the project's directory.