To close an RFI from your Android mobile device.
Users with 'Admin' level permission can change an RFIs 'Status' to Closed at any time. This indicates the RFI needs no other action.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's RFIs tool.
- Complete the steps in Create an RFI.
- Additional Information:
- You can close an RFI whether or not it has any responses.
- After you close an RFI, you are NOT permitted to add questions or responses.
- If you want to reopen a closed RFI at a later time, see Reopen an RFI.
- Navigate to the Project level RFIs tool.
This reveals the RFIs page.
- Click the Items tab.
This lists all project's RFIs in the Draft and Open status. You can close an RFI in either status.
- Locate the desired RFI in the list. Then click Edit.
This opens the RFI Details page.
- Click the Close RFI button.
- If you have NOT selected an official response to the RFI, a notification message asks you to confirm the close action. Simply click OK.
- If a user with 'Standard' level permission created the RFI (e.g., a subcontractor or superintendent), the user will only see the Official Response if that person is added to the RFI's Distribution List.
- If you have selected an official response, the system changes the RFIs 'Status' to Closed and shows the current date.
The system changes the RFIs 'Status' to Closed and shows the current date.
- When you close an RFI, the Creator, the Assignees, and any designated members on the 'Distribution' list may be notified via email. See How do I control which emails are sent by Procore during the RFI process?
- If you want to include the 'Responsible Contractor' on the email and the contractor is NOT the creator o the RFi, be sure to add that contractor to the 'Distribution' list before closing it.
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool on an Android device.
- Tap the RFI you want to close.
- Tap Edit ().
- Tap Closed.
Note: When you close an RFI, the assignee and members of the distribution list will be notified via email.
- Tap Save.