To link photos to a drawing on an Android mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions
- 'Read-only' and above on the project's Drawings tool can add markups to their Personal layer.
- Only 'Standard' and 'Admin' level users can publish personal markups to the Published layer. See, What is the difference between personal and published markups?
- Additional Information
- Photos added to drawings will automatically populate in the Photos tool under an album called "Photos from Drawings." An "Origin" field will populate on the photo, which will indicate that the photo was uploaded via the drawings tool.
- Choose to which album you want your photos to be added.
Note: If nothing is selected, the default location is an album called, "Photos from Drawings"
- Determine if you would like to mark all photos private by default in the Photos tool.
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Tap the project within which you want to work.
- Tap the Drawings tool.
- Tap the discipline.
- Tap the drawing to which you want to add photo(s).
- Select the camera icon from the Markup toolbar, or select the camera markup in the drawing to add additional drawings to.
- Tap on the drawing where you'd like to place photos.
- In the Linked Photos window, select the + icon next to Attachments.
- Select Choose from Library, Choose From Procore, Take Photo, or Quicksnap.
- Choose from Library: You will be prompted to select photo files from your mobile device's photos library.
- Choose from Procore: You will be prompted to choose from photos uploaded to the Photos tool in your Procore project.
- Take Photo: You will be prompted to take a new photo with your device's camera. Once you've finished taking the photo, you will be prompted to mark up the drawing. Click Save.
- Quicksnap: You will be prompted to take a new photo with your devices camera. You can take as many photos as you want. When you're done, click the checkmark icon in the bottom right. All photos you have taken will be added to the drawing without markups.
- You may move the camera icon around after you have added photos to your personal layer, but you may not move the icon once you've published the photos for everyone on the project to see on the published layer. What is the difference between personal and published drawing markups?
- View the photos you've linked by selecting the hand markup tool and tapping the camera icon in the drawing.
- View all photos you've added to drawings in the Photos tool in the "Photos from Drawings" album.
- Optionally, you may Publish Personal Drawing Markups (Android) for the whole team to reference.