Also available on
To bulk enter multiple time entry fields for all workers on a timesheet from the Create Daily Timesheet page.
Use the Bulk Time Entry to apply the same time entry information for all employees added on a single timesheet. For example, a foreman can enter in the time information once and apply it to the entire field crew.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Timesheets tool.
- It's important to note that the information entered in Bulk Time Entry will apply to ALL timecard entries on a timesheet.
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Click Create Daily Timesheet in the right pane.
- In the Add Employees window, select the checkbox(es) next to your desired employee(s) and/or crew member(s).
- To appear in this list, the person must be added to a Directory and a checkmark must appear in the 'Is Employee of <Your Company>' box on their profile. For more information on how to check for this setting in a user's profile, see Edit a Person in the Project Directory.
- Employees who are only entered in the Company Directory can be selected if the setting "Employees Can Be Tracked On All Projects" is enabled. See Track Employees To All Projects For Timesheets for more information.
- To select a crew, a crew must first be created in the Crews tool. For more information, see Create a Crew.
- Click Add.
This reveals the Timesheet timecard entries list.
- Click Bulk Time Entry located toward the top left corner.
This reveals the Bulk Time Entry information section.
- Enter in the following desired information that you wish to apply to all employees:
- Sub Job: Select from the drop-down menu the sub job associated with the time entry.
- Cost Codes: Enter or Select from the drop-down menu the cost code(s) associated with the log entry.
Note: If you are a Company Admin, you can limit the cost code selections that appear in this list. To learn more, see Set Default Cost Types.
- Location: Select from the drop-down menu the location where the work was performed by that user.
- Start: Enter or Select the time the user began working.
- Stop: Enter or Select the time the user stopped working.
Note: You will only see the Start and Stop fields if you have configured your settings to show these fields. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timesheets.
- Time Type: Select from the drop-down menu the type of pay being entered. Select from the following options:
Note: If you are a Company Timecard Admin, you can add custom time types to this list. See Configure Advanced Settings: Timecard for more information.
- Regular Time
- Double Time
- Billable: Select from the drop-down menu if the hours are billable by clicking Yes or No.
- Add Line Item: Click this option to create extra line items on a time entry.
Note: The information entered in these fields will apply to EVERY entry on the timesheet.
- Click Apply to All.
This reveals the timesheet's timecard entries list.
Note: Before you Submit, a cost code, start time, and stop time will have to be entered for every timecard entry.
- Click Submit to create the timesheet.