To share a custom submittal report by email with other project team members.
If you create a custom submittal report (see Create a Custom Submittal Report), you can share it with other project team members using the Steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To share a custom submittals report, 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permission to the Submittals tool.
- To be named as a recipient for a shared custom submittals report, a user account in the Project Directory (see Add a Person to the Project Directory).
- To view a custom submittals report online in Procore, 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions to the Submittals tool and 'Read-Only' level permission to the Reports tool.
- The project must have at least one (1) custom submittals report. See Create a Custom Submittals Report.
- The sharing features documented below are only available for custom submittal reports. It is not available for project reports (e.g., it is not available for the Submittal Approver's Response Time Report).
- Additional Information:
- Custom submittal reports can be shared with any users in the Project Directory (see Add a Person to the Project Directory).
- Recipients of the shared custom submittal report can do the following:
- To download the report, click the hyperlink to the right of the View PDF or View CSV label (Note: The available format is determined by the report creator). Important! When sharing a custom submittal report, keep in mind that recipient does NOT need to be granted access permission to the Submittals or Reports tools in order to download the PDF or CSV attachment.
- To view the report online, click the View Online link. If the recipient is not already logged into Procore, the users will prompted to enter his or her login credentials. To view the report, the user must have access permission to the project's Submittals tool. See Log In to Procore Web.
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
This reveals the Submittals page.
- Under 'Submittal Reports' in the right pane, locate the desired report and click the corresponding link.
Note: The report links in the 'Submittal Reports' menu are created by your company or project team members. See Create a Custom Submittal Report.
The corresponding custom report page appears. In this illustration, we created an 'Open Submittals for Project' report. Your reports may have different names.
- Click Share Report.
This reveals the fields for configuring your email.
- Complete the email information as follows:
To. Select a person from the Project Directory. See Add a Person to the Project Directory.
Format. Choose the desired format for the report. You can choose PDF or CSV.
Subject. Edit the subject line for your email. The default format of the subject appears in the image above.
Body. Edit the body text of the email. The default format of the body text appears in the image above.
- Click Share Report.
A banner appears to alert you that the system has sent an email message. It may take several minutes for it to arrive in your recipients mailbox. The illustration below shows you the email message.
Recipients of the shared custom submittal report can do the following:
To download the report, click the hyperlink to the right of the View PDF or View CSV label (Note: The available format is determined by the report creator).
- To view the report online, click the View Online link. If you are not already logged into Procore, you will be prompted for your credentials. See Log In to Procore Web.