To submit a response (e.g., approved, approved as noted, rejected, etc.) to a submittal using the Project level Submittals tool.
When creating a submittal, the creator of the submittal will add one or more reviewers to the submittal workflow (see Add Reviewers to the Submittal Workflow). Each reviewer must then submit a response to any submittal requiring their action as described in Steps below. When a response is due depends upon whether the project is configured to use sequential approval (this is the default setting) or parallel approval.
If you receive an email from Procore with the subject line "Action Required for Submittal," do the following:
Review the Action Required Email for a Submittal
- In your email program, open the "Action Required for Submittal" message.
- Review the contents of the message. A sample is shown below.
- In the email, you have these options:
- To open and view the submittal in the Procore web application, click the View Online link. If you are not currently logged into Procore, you will be prompted to enter your login information.
- To view a copy of the submittal in PDF format, click the View PDF link.
- To open any file attachments (if included with the submittal), click the highlighted link next to the Attachments label in the body of the message.
Tip: If you are not familiar with the submittals process in Procore, you can also watch a short video hosted on YouTube to learn about it by clicking the This Short Training Video link near the top of the email.
- Review the submittal in its entirety. Then Respond to the Submittal in Procore.
Respond to a Submittal in Procore
- From the Action Required email, click the View Online link at the top.
Note: You can also follow the substeps below to navigate to the submittal without clicking the link in the email.
- Click the View button next to the desired submittal.
- In the Submittals Log, locate the submittal requiring your action (see Search and Filter Submittals).
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
- At the top of the submittal, a yellow banner appears to notify you that a submittal requires your attention.
- If you are ready to respond to the submittal, choose a response from the drop-down menu next to Response. See What are the default submittal responses in Procore?
- You must choose a new 'Response' in order to move the submittal to its next stage (i.e., the system requires you to enter a response other than 'Pending' in order to sent an automated email notification to alert users of the next required action.
If your company has created custom submittal responses for use with the project's Submittals tool (see Create Custom Submittals Responses), the responses have been customized to fit the specific needs of your organization. See your company's Procore Administrator or the Submittals Manager for information about the proper use for each response on your project.
- Input a response comment.
- Attach any relevant files by clicking Attach File(s), choosing your file, and clicking Open or by dragging and dropping your file into Procore.
(Note: After uploading an attachment, you can click the link to open it in a fullscreen viewer or click the download icon to the right of the file name to download it to your computer).
- Click Submit to submit your response.
(Note: All other approvers and any members of the distribution list will be emailed upon submitting your response. Your response will be logged in the 'Approver Responses' section of the submittal.)