To learn how to forward a submittal item for review (to a user not previously defined in the submittal workflow) using the Project level Submittals tool.
This functionality is available for those times that you need to forward a submittal to someone that you need information from who is not a member of the original submittal workflow.
Let's say you are a project manager at a general contractor who is managing the submittal review process. Typically, after you create a submittal item and add members to the submittal workflow, you first have an architect review the item and then have a project engineer perform the review. However, for this particular submittal item, the architect wants a structural engineer to review the submittal item before submitting his or her own response and then passing the review authority to the project engineer. In this situation, the architect would use the steps below to forward the submittal item for review to the structural engineer. This adds the structural engineer to the submittal workflow in order to capture that response in Procore.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To view and forward a submittal, 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions to the Project level Submittals tool.
- Additional Information:
- If a user has already been added to the submittal's workflow, you will not be able to forward the submittal to that user. Instead, that user will have the opportunity in the order specified by the submittal's workflow.
- The user forwarding the submittal must be set as the Ball in Court person (or a member of the current BIC group) for that submittal.
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
- In the List view of the Submittals Log page, locate the desired submittal item. Then click the View button.
- On the right side of the page, click the Forward for Review link.
Note: This link is only available when you are the Ball in Court person or a member of a workflow group with Ball In Court responsibility.
- In the Forward To* drop-down list, select the desired person to review the submittal. This is a required field.
Note: To appear as a selection in the list, the person must be an active contact in the Project level Directory tool. (see Directory).
- In the Return By field, set the date by which the new approver must respond (e.g., Approve, Reject, etc.).
Note: The date you set for this person's Return By field must be before or on the Due Date that is set for your response.
- Type a message or instructions for the person.
- Attach any relevant files to submittal by clicking Attach File(s) or using a drag-and-drop operation to move the files to the shaded Drag and Drop File(s) area.
- Click Forward.
After Procore sends the email, the following actions occur:
- Procore sends an email notification to the person letting them know their action is required.
- Procore also adds the user to the 'Submittal Workflow' area of the submittal item and sets them as the Ball In Court person. This user is always added to the same workflow group as the person who initiated the forward action.
- Procore changes the status of the forwarding approver's response to 'Forwarded for Review'.
- Coming Soon! After the recipient responds to the forwarded submittal (see Respond to a Forwarded Submittal), Procore (1) shifts the Ball In Court responsibility and (2) sends an email notification to the 'Approver' who forwarded the submittal for review.