To apply a filtering option to one of the Submittals tool's views so the page only lists the most current revision of a submittal.
When a submittal is not approved (e.g., an approver provides a Revise and Resubmit or Rejected response to a submittal), a member of the project team will typically create a submittal revision and then re-issue that submittal to the approvers. Since older submittal revisions are no longer as relevant as the most recent revision, you may want to change the view of the submittal log so that only the most recent revision is displayed. In such cases, you will want to use the "Only show most current revisions" checkbox to hide older revisions. It's important to remember that architects and project managers will still have access to view older revisions as necessary to review past comments for context when reviewing a new submittal revision.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Read-only' level permissions or higher on the project's Submittals tool.
- To filter the log as described below, you should create one (1) or more revision(s) for a submittal. See Create a Submittal Revision.
- Additional Information:
- The Spec Section and Number fields on the initial submittal and any of its revisions will exactly match (e.g., 02-750).
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
By default, this reveals the Items view in the Submittals page (see Switch Between Submittals Views). As shown in the illustration below, notice that the views list all of the existing revisions for each submittal.
- Click Add Filters and choose Only Show Most Current Revisions.
- In the drop-down list that appears, place a checkmark in the Yes box.
- As shown below, the system updates the active view so it only lists the most current revision on the page.
- If you want to review the submittal's revision history, click View. Then scroll to Revision History area at the bottom of the page.
Note: You can then click any Title link to open the specific revision.