To add reviewers (a.k.a., 'approvers') to the submittal workflow for a submittal.
When creating or editing a submittal, you can add two (2) types of individuals (a.k.a. 'roles') to a submittal workflow:
When using Procore to manage your project's submittals process, a submitter is the term that identifies the person who has provided the information contained within a submittal (e.g., drawings, plans, documents, etc.) to the general contractor so that the design team can review and approve the submittal. Typically, the person designated as being in the submitter role on a submittal is a contact that works for the responsible contractor (i.e., a subcontractor or a construction manager).
- Approver (a.k.a., 'Reviewer')
An approver designates the people who must approve the submittal before work can proceed. Typically, there are multiple approvers on a submittal workflow and members of the design team (e.g., architect, project engineer, structural engineer, etc.). However, your particular construction project may include reviewers.
Important: Your organization's Procore Admin can decide whether your company's account is configured to use sequential approval (this is Procore's default setting) or parallel approval for the submittal workflow.
Use the steps below when your project is configured to use submittal workflow (this is the default setting), submittals will be reviewed by the contacts named here using either the sequential approval (default) or parallel approval process.
- In the new submittal page, scroll down to the Submittal Workflow area.
- In the Start Typing to Search People box, choose the desired reviewer.
- In the Role drop-down list, select the 'Approver' or 'Submitter' role.
Keep these points in mind:
- To be designated as an approver, the person must exist in the Project level Directory tool (see Add a Person to the Project Directory) and must also be granted 'Admin' or 'Standard' level permissions to the Submittals too (see Set User Permissions for the Submittals Tool).
- If you are a user with 'Standard' level permissions to the Submittals tool, you can only add reviewers with 'Admin' level permissions to the workflow.
- If you are a user with 'Admin' level permissions to the Submittals tool, you can add reviewers with either 'Admin' or 'Standard' level permissions to the workflow.
- Use the calendar control to select a due date. Each 'Approver' must submit their response by the Final Due Date.
- Click Add.
- Repeat these steps to add another reviewer to the workflow.