To upload a schedule file in the Procore web application using the project's Schedule tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Schedule tool.
- Uploading a project schedule update will not remove the previous schedule's Change History from the system.
- Supported File Formats:
- Microsoft Project (MPP)
- Microsoft Project Exchange and SureTrack (MPX)
- Asta EasyPlan and Powerproject (PP)
- Primavera Proprietary Exchange (XER)
- Formatted for Microsoft Project, e.g. Smartsheet, OpenProject (XML (PMXML, MSPDI))
- Phoenix Project Manager (PPX)
- FastTrack (FTS) - Version 10 and above
- ProjectLibre (POD)
- Projectmanager.com (XML)
The above filetypes are also accepted in a ZIP archive.
- Project schedules cannot be edited in Procore. They must always be updated in the third-party software program (e.g., Microsoft Project, Asta Powerproject, etc.) and then uploaded into Procore again.
- If you are using Microsoft Project (and have a Windows computer), Procore recommends that you update your schedule following the steps described in Integrate your Microsoft Project Schedule using Procore Drive.
Follow these steps if you are uploading a schedule into your project for the first time.
- Navigate to the project's Schedule tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon to the left of the page header.
- Select the Schedule Settings link on the right side of the page.
- Under the Upload Project Schedule Files area, choose "File upload via web browser" or "File Upload Procore Documents"
File Upload Via Web Browser
- Upload the file as follows:
- Click the Choose File button.
- Navigate to the schedule file on your computer or network. Then click Open.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
When the upload is complete, the 'Configure Schedule Successfully' banner appears.
- Verify that your schedule uploaded as expected. You can click the different option links in the View By menu in the right pane, to change how your schedule information displays.
File Upload Via Procore Documents
- Select "File Upload Via Procore Documents."
- In the Schedule Filename Pattern, enter the filename pattern you would like to have automatically uploaded to the schedule tool. For example, if you prefix your schedule file with the date (e.g. 07-26-17_Construction Schedule.mpp), you can use the asterisk (*) symbol to denote that piece of the filename that will change. For example, you would enter*_Construction Schedule.mpp into the Schedule Filename Pattern field.
- Important! Enter the exact or partial name of your schedule file in the "Schedule Filename Pattern" field. For example, you would enter "Construction Schedule.mpp" into this field. Uploaded files into documents matching this exact filename pattern will be automatically updated into the Schedule tool.
- Tip! When multiple users are accessing the schedule file and you're making changes to the file from the Documents tool, it is recommended that you check out the file so the team members don't overwrite your schedule changes as you're uploading.