To reply to an RFI (request for information) using Procore's RFIs tool, email, and mobile devices (Android or iOS).
- There are three different ways to respond to an RFI. Each of these methods will log the response in the project's RFIs tool in Procore.
- Reply via Email
- Reply via Procore
- Reply via Mobile Device
- After a response is sent, Procore will automatically shift the Ball in Court back to the RFI's creator and will notify everyone on the distribution list of that response via email.
- By default, the person who created the RFI, the person who it's assigned to, as well as all users on the distribution list, will receive emails when a response is added to an RFI. (Note: Users with 'Admin' permissions on the RFIs tool can change this behavior under the RFI's advanced settings).
Reply via Email
The easiest way to respond to an RFI is to simply reply to the email with your response/answer. Sending a response is no different than replying to any other email you receive.
- From your email client, reply to the email and enter your response into the body of the email message.
- Click Send. (Note: Procore will automatically log the response and any attachments as a response in Procore.)
Note: It is recommended that you remove your email signature from the email, as it will not maintain its form in Procore.
Reply via Procore
- In the email, click the View Online text link. The provided link will open the RFI directly in Procore. (Note: If you are currently not logged in to Procore, you will need to first log in.)
- (Navigate to the project's RFIs tool; click View next to the RFI you wish to respond to.)
- Scroll down to the "Reply" section, and enter your response. (Note: Previous replies will appear with the newest at the top.)
- (Optional) Add attachments by clicking Add File(s). If you are using Chrome or Firefox as your web browser, you can also drag and drop files directly into the grey box.
- Click Reply.
Reply via Mobile Device
You can also respond to an RFI using Procore's iOS or Android mobile applications.
- Enter a response in the designated text area.
- (Optional) Add a picture as an attachment by clicking on the photo icon.
- When finished, click the reply icon or button. (Note: Procore will automatically log the response and any attachments as a response.)