To reply to an RFI (request for information) using Procore's RFIs tool, email, and mobile devices (Android or iOS).
- There are three different ways to respond to an RFI. Each of these methods will log the response in the project's RFIs tool.
- Reply via Email
- Reply via Procore
- Reply via Mobile Device
- After a response is submitted by the RFI's Assignee, the system shifts the Ball in Court back to the RFI Manager and notifies Distribution list members with an automated email response.
Note: Users with 'Read-Only and 'Standard' level permission who are not on the RFIs distribution list, will neither be notified nor able to view unofficial responses.
Reply via Email
The easiest way to respond to an RFI is to simply reply to the email with your response/answer. Sending a response is no different than replying to any other email you receive.
- From your email client, reply to the email and enter your response into the body of the email message.
- Click Send. (Note: Procore will automatically log the response and any attachments as a response in Procore.)
- If your email client has a customized format, it will NOT maintain its form in Procore.
- The system saves a copy of the response in the project's RFIs tool.
- The system sends an email notifying the RFI Creator, RFI Manager, and members of the Distribution list that the person has submitted a response to the RFI.
Reply via Procore
- In the email, click the View Online text link. The provided link will open the RFI directly in Procore. (Note: If you are currently not logged in to Procore, you will need to first log in.)
- (Navigate to the project's RFIs tool; click View next to the RFI you wish to respond to.)
- Scroll down to the "Reply" section, and enter your response. (Note: Previous replies will appear with the newest at the top.)
- (Optional) Add attachments by clicking Add File(s). If you are using Chrome or Firefox as your web browser, you can also drag and drop files directly into the grey box.
- Click Reply.
Reply via Mobile Device
You can also respond to an RFI using Procore's iOS or Android mobile applications.
- Enter a response in the designated text area.
- (Optional) Add a picture as an attachment by clicking on the photo icon.
- When finished, click the reply icon or button. (Note: Procore will automatically log the response and any attachments as a response.)