To add a custom report using Procore's Reports tool.
The Reports tool gives users the ability to create, generate, and export customized reports. When designing a report, its author can include data captured by specific Procore tools, specify the desired column layout, and also define how to group and filter report data. After generating a report, it can also be exported from Procore into Microsoft Excel.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' and above level permissions on the project level Reports tool and 'Standard' and above level permissions on the tool that is being reported on.
- Custom reports are only visible and available to the individual who created them.
- Reports can include data from these Procore tools:
- Change Events
- Change Orders
- Accident Log
- Call Log
- Daily Construction Report Log
- Delivery Log
- Dumpster Log
- Equipment Log
- Inspection Log
- Manpower Log
- Notes Log
- Productivity Log
- Quantity Log
- Safety Violation Log
- Daily Log (continued)
- Timecard Entry
- Visitor Log
- Waste Log
- Weather Log
- Financial Line Items
- Configurable Budget Snapshots
- Financial Line Item Details
- Financial Line Item Summary
- Inspection Item Details
- Inspection Summary
- Meeting Summary
- Meeting Attendance
- Meeting Items
- Potential Change Orders
- Prime Contract
- Punch List
- Schedule Tasks
- Navigate to the project's Reports tool.
- Click Create Report at the top of the page.
This reveals the Create Project Custom Report page.
- Under Step 1: Set the Details of the Report, do the following:
Note: An asterisk (*) indicates a required field.
- Report Name*: Enter a descriptive title for the report.
- Description: Enter an expanded description about the report.
- Select Tools*: Mark the check box that corresponds to at least one (1) of these tools: Change Orders, Commitments, Daily Logs Inspections, Observations, Prime Contract, Projects, Punch List, RFIs, Portfolio, Change Events, and Submittals. Each tool selected here corresponds to a separate tab in your report.
Note: To select a specific daily log, mark a check box in the Daily Logs drop-down list.
Important: A custom report only reveals data when your account has been granted the required access permission ('Standard') to the tools you select. If your account does NOT have the appropriate access permission, the report fields will be rendered. However, the data displaying the fields will be blank.
- Click Next Step.
This reveals the Step 2: Build and Customize Report page. Each tool selected in the step above corresponds to a separate tab in the report.
- Click the desired tab (e.g., if you included commitments in your report, click Commitments as shown below).
- (Optional) Add additional tabs by clicking +Add New Tab at the top of the page. Enter in the title for the tab and select an associated tool from the drop-down menu.
Note: Tab titles must be unique. Duplicates tab titles are not permitted.
- Use a drag-and-drop operation to move one or more available columns into your report.
You can also use the drag-and-drop operation to return the column to the original list if you decide you do not want to use the column in the report.
- Once you've added the desired columns, you have these options:
- To group your report data: In the Group by list, select one of the items in the drop-down list to group report data by the specified column (e.g., you may want to group data by the responsible contractor).
- To filter your report data: Click the Add Filter drop-down to select what you would like to filter by. Once you've specified a filter, you can add another filter. You can also filter data by date range by selecting a start and end date.
- To change the column order: Use a drag-and-drop operation (demonstrated above) to place the column into the desired position.
- To aggregate: Click the fx in the column and select one of the following (for numeric values): count, sum, min, max, or average. For field types that are not a numeric value, you have the option to aggregate by count.
Note: You can not aggregate on a tab that has not been grouped.
- Repeat the steps above for each tool included in your report.
- When finished configuring your report layout, click Create Report.
The system generates your report and lets you preview it in a new page.
Export a Custom Report to Excel
If you want to export your report to the Microsoft Excel (*.xlsx) file format, click the Excel button next to the Export Report As label in the top right corner of the report's page.