To create a calculated column to add to your custom reports.
You can create calculated columns in custom reports to gain more insight to data by creating basic arithmetic calculations.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions on the project level Reports tool and 'Admin' level permissions on the tool that is being reported on.
- Calculated columns are sortable.
- Calculated columns persist within any one given report.
- Calculated columns created by a customer are associated with a specific report and can not be used on other reports.
- Navigate to the Reports tool.
- Click Edit next to the report you want to add a calculated column to.
- Click +Add Calculated Column.
- Enter in the following column information:
- Column Name: Enter in a title for the new column you are creating.
- Column X: Select a column to calculate with from the drop-down.
- Operator: Select one of the following operators to apply to the calculation: +, -, x, and /.
- Column Y: Select a second column to calculate with from the drop-down.
- Output Type: Select one of the following output types: Percentage, Currency, Number, and Date Variance.
- Click Save to create the column or click Save & Create New to create a new column. Complete Step 4 above.
- Your calculated column will now appear at the bottom of the page where your other columns may be. You can then create an aggregate for that column. See Aggregate Data in a Custom Report. The values for the calculated column will not calculate until the report is run
- Click Create Report.