To understand how to interpret a punch list item and its information.
Punch list items are always project-specific and will be listed under a project's Punch List tool. By default, you will only view "Open" punch list items. Use the "Status" filter to change which punch list items will be shown.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To view a punch item marked 'Private' and the contents of the 'Change History' tab, 'Admin' on the project's Punch List tool.
- To view a punch item assigned to a colleague who works for your company (including punch items marked as 'Private'), 'Read-Only' or 'Standard' permission on the project's Punch List tool and you must be granted the 'View Private Punch Items Assigned to Users Within Same Company' granular permission. See Grant Granular Permissions in a Permission Template.
- To view a punch item on which you are an Assignee and/or a member of the Distribution List, 'Standard' on the project's Punch List tool. This lets you:
- Email and export a punch item as a PDF.
- Respond to any punch item to which you've been assigned.
- View the General, Related Items, and Emails tabs on punch items.
Note: Private punch list items can also be made visible to 'Standard' users.
- To view a punch item not marked 'Private', 'Read-only' on the project's Punch List tool. This lets you:
- View the General, Related Items, Emails, and Change History tabs of public punch items.
- View punch items marked 'Private' when you are a member of the item's Distribution List and/or granted the granular permission specified above.
- View the number of changes made to the punch list item.
Note: You cannot view the detailed changes in the punch item or edit the punch item.
- Navigate to the project's Punch List tool.
The system reveals a list of punch list items in the 'Open' status by default.
- Choose from these options
General information about the punch list item is stored under the General subtab.
- Click the left and right arrow to navigate to the next punch list item.
Note: The previous / next buttons respect permissions as well as filter and sort applied from the list page. As such, when you navigate between previous and next items, the navigation may skip numbers (e.g., #49 => #52 => #54) and / or may jump between numbers in non-sequential number order (e.g., #13, #9, #17).
- You can perform these tasks:
View and add related items to the punch list item from the Related Items subtab. If the related item is an item in Procore (observation, RFI, etc.) you will be able to view the item and all its information by clicking on the link in the "Description" column. To add a related item, click Edit.
Manage any emails related to this punch list item from this subtab. Each punch list item has a unique email address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org) that can be used to send an email from your personal email client into Procore. For example, you might have an email thread in your personal email account that should be logged in Procore. In such cases, you might want to import that thread into Procore by simply forwarding an email to the related punch list item's unique email address. See Email Punch List Items
This tab shows a history log that summarizes all of the changes made to the punch list item throughout its lifecycle. The full change history in the Change History subtab is only visible to users with 'Admin' level permissions to the Punch List tool. 'Read-only' users can see how many changes were made to the tool, but none of the details about actions performed.