To close a punch list item once all the work for that punch list item has been completed and accepted.
Closing a punch list item is different than making it as "Resolved", as it signifies that the Creator of punch list item has approved and verified that the known issue was satisfactorily resolved. While assignees on a punch list item can mark an item as "Resolved", only users with 'Admin' level permissions can close out a punch list item. A status can also be changed from "Resolved" to "Unresolved" and vice versa at any time. However, once an item is marked as "Closed", it cannot be reopened. See Reject a Punch List Item.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Punch List tool.
- 'Standard' level users can only close out punch list items that they have created.
- Once a punch list item is marked as "Closed," it cannot be reopened.
- Navigate to your project's Punch List tool.
- Click Edit next to the punch list item that you want to close out.
- You can close out the item by either clicking the Close Punch List Item button or selecting "Closed" from the status drop-down menu.
- If you selected "Closed" from the drop-down menu, click Save to save your changes.
Note: If you linked the punch list item to a drawing, the punch list icon in the drawing will appear gray once it has been marked as closed.