To create an observation to send to a responsible party in the Observations tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the Observations tool.
- You may also Create an Observation from an Inspection.
- When you create an observation, you will get email notifications any time another user comments or changes the status of the observation.
- Overdue notifications are only emailed when an observation is in the 'Initiated' or 'Not Accepted' status. Overdue emails are NOT sent when an observation is in the 'Ready for Review' or 'Closed' status.
- If you create an observation without an assignee, no notification will be sent. If you edit the observation and add an assignee and save, an email notification will be sent automatically.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the Project level Observations tool.
- Select the Create Observation button in the right pane.
- Enter in the following information:
- Type: Choose the type that best categorizes the observation. The type will help you filter and report based on the type of observation. It will not have any affect on which fields will appear when creating an observation. See What are the default Observation types used for? (Note: Your company's Procore Administrator can customize the selections that appear in this list. See Add Custom Observation Types).
- Status: Set the status of the observation from the following options:
- Initiated: When you create the observation, it will be set to "initiated." This means that the observation has been established in Procore and is awaiting the assignee to respond.
- Ready for Review: Once the assignee has acted upon the observation (whether by fixing the deficiency, by addressing the safety issue, etc.), he or she will respond to the observation by changing the status to "Ready for Review." This notifies the creator via email that the observation is ready for the creator to review.
- Not Accepted: Once the creator has reviewed the work, he or she might mark it as "Not Accepted." This means that the creator has deemed the work as not resolved. The observation is put back into the assignee's court.
- Closed: Once the creator has reviewed the work, he or she might mark it as "Closed." This means that the creator has deemed the work as resolved and approved, and has closed out the item.
- Title: Title the observation to announce the general topic.
- Priority: Select a priority for the observation from the following options:
Note: This will not change how or where the observation will display. It will, however, tell the responsible party how urgent the item is.
- #: The number of the observation will automatically populate with the next number based on the number of observations you and your team have created. You may edit this as needed. This number can be a duplicate of one already assigned to another observation item in your project.
- Trade: Select the relevant trade for this observation. It signifies which trade is involved in resolving the observation. Trades are set at the company level admin tab under trade configuration. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Location: Select the location the observation is found in. How do I add a multi-tiered location to an item?
- Spec Section: Select the specification section associated with the observation.
- Assignee: Select the user who will complete the work required from the observation.
Note: This user must have 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the Observations tool to respond or be set as an assignee.
'Standard' users can only assign observations to an 'Admin' user.
- Distribution: Add people to the distribution list who you would like to receive update emails when the observation's status changes or when someone leaves a comment.
Note: If there are people who you would like to always be on the distribution list for observations, you can add them to the default distribution list in the configuration settings.
- Due Date: By default, the due date will be set with 7 days after the observation was created. This field is editable on the create and edit pages of the observation, and the default due date is editable on the configuration settings.
- Private: Mark the checkbox if you would like this observation to be viewable by Observation Admin users, the assignee, and the people on the distribution list.
- Contributing Condition: Select a contributing condition associated with the observation. To learn how to create these selections, Add Root Cause Analysis Fields.
- Contributing Behavior: Select a contributing behavior associated with the observation. To learn how to create these selections, Add Root Cause Analysis Fields.
- Hazard: Select a hazard associated with the observation. To learn how to create these selections, Add Root Cause Analysis Fields.
- Description: Add a description for the observation detailing relevant information needed to report on or complete the work.
- Attachments: Attach relevant information like a photo or a warranty document by clicking Attach File(s) to select a file from Procore or your local computer, or by dragging and dropping into the gray box.
- Click Save.
Note: This will save and take you to the Observations log page.
- Click Send Notification(s) or Send Mine in the banner above the Observations log page to send a digest email to the assignees, members of the distribution list, and creators of all of the observations that have yet to be sent. The Observation's 'Date Notified' will be set to the date the Send Now button was clicked.
- Send Mine: Clicking this will send observations that you have created.
- Send All: Clicking this will send all observations that are ready to be sent. Be sure to speak with other team members to make sure that all observations are ready to go out.
(Note: In order to see this banner, the observation must have an assignee. )