To mark up a drawing in your project's Drawings tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: Personal markups can be added by users with 'Read-Only', 'Standard', and 'Admin' level permissions. Publishing your personal markups requires 'Standard' level or above permissions.
- Any markups you add will automatically be added to your Personal layer. If you would like your markups to be viewable by any user, you must publish your personal markups to the published layer. Users with 'Standard' level or above permissions can publish their personal markups.
- If you previously added markups to an existing drawing in Procore and then upload a newer revision of that same drawing, all of the markups to the previous revision will be preserved and inherited by the new drawing.You should automatically see all of the same personal and published markups on top of the new revision.
- Mobile: Supported on both iOS and Android devices.
- Navigate to the Drawings tool.
- Click Open next to the drawing you're going to mark up.
Click the Markup icon in the upper right of the page.
Tip! Be sure you are showing your personal layer! Click Filter and make sure the Personal layer is visible.
Mark up the drawing using the tools in the toolbar (detailed below).
When you have finalized a markup, and you are ready to make it visible to your team, Publish the Markups.
Note: Once you publish a markup, you will not be able to edit it. If you would like to redo a published markup, you will need to Delete the Markup, and add the markup again.
- Select: Pan around the drawing by clicking and dragging on an image. You can also select existing markups to edit, publish, resize, or delete.
- Pen / Marker: Draw freehand shapes using either a pen or marker. Hold the 'Shift' button on your keyboard to draw a straight line.
- Shape: Draw a cloud, box, or circle. Any shape can also be linked to an item in Procore. See Link Related Items on a Drawing.
- Line / Arrow: Draw a line or an arrow. Any line/arrow can also be linked to an item in Procore. See Link Related Items on a Drawing.
- Text: Add a resizeable text box. Drag the text size scroll bar above the text to make the text bigger or smaller. Tap and drag the corners of the text box to make the box bigger. Tap inside the box to pull up your keyboard to start typing.
- Measurements: Measure distance, area, or a curved or poly shape by first adding a calibration to your drawing, and then selecting the appropriate measurement tool. See Add Measurements to a Drawing.
- Drawing: Draw a square or circle and add a link to another drawing sheet.
- Tip! To draw a circle over the desired area, start at the upper-left corner where the edges of the left and top sides of the circle would meet. Hold the Shift key (to create a symmetrical circle), left-click and drag to the bottom right of the circle, and release the left-click.
- Punch: See Add Punch List Items to a Drawing.
- Photos: See Add Photos to a Drawing.
- Color: This additional tool will appear when you select a drawing markup tool of which you can modify the color. Select which color to use from this menu.
- Fill: This additional tool will appear when you select a drawing markup tool of which you can modify the fill. Select the desired fill transparency of the markup.
- Line Width: This additional tool will appear when you select a drawing markup of which you can modify the lien width. Specify the width of a single line or border of a shape.
- View Markup Activity Feed
- What is the difference between public and personal markups?
- Link Related Items on a Drawing
- Add Photos to a Drawing
- Add Punch List Items to a Drawing
- Automatic Drawing Sheet Linking
- Add a Link to a Drawing
- Publish Personal Drawing Markups
- Delete Published or Personal Drawing Markups
- What is the difference between personal and public drawing markups?
- How do I apply markups from a previous revision to a new revision?