To edit general information of a previously uploaded drawing in bulk or individually.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' on your project's Drawings tool.
- You can easily edit the drawing's name by double-clicking on the drawing's title from the Drawings log page and changing the title as necessary. Click anywhere on the page, or the "Enter" button on your keyboard to save the changes.
- When you bulk edit multiple drawings at once, all drawings will inherit the same changes.
- Only the following fields/setting can be edited during a bulk edit action.
Note: To change other fields of a drawing you must edit them individually.
- Drawing Date
- Received Date
- Drawing Set
- Change Obsolete Status
- Navigate to your project's Drawings tool.
Edit a Single Drawing
Click the Edit or Info button next to the drawing you want to edit.
- Hover over any field on the page you want to edit. If you are able to edit the field, the edit icon will appear next to it.
- Click the field.
- Edit the field as necessary.
Drawing No.: Edit the drawing number to coincide with your records. (Note: Any specified drawing number must be unique. You will not be allowed to create a duplicate drawing number.)
Discipline: Change the discipline of the drawing to organize it into a different category on the Drawing Log page. You may also double-click the field to choose from a list of your default and custom disciplines.
Drawing Title: Edit the drawing's title.
Obsolete: Check this checkbox if you would like to mark your drawing as obsolete. (Note: This action will remove it from the current drawing set, but will not delete it. For more information on obsolete drawings, see Mark Drawings as Obsolete.
Revision No.: Edit the drawing's revision number.
Note: Procore will automatically number the revision as the next number in the sequence, but you can also change it to be a letter if you want to differentiate pre-construction revisions with construction revisions, for example.
Any specified revision number must be unique. You will not be allowed to create a duplicate revision number.
If you edit the revision number to be a number that changes the sequence of the versions, the order will automatically update.
Drawing Set: Edit the drawing's set. This will move the drawing into the set in the set view. Additionally, you can edit the drawing set's information such as its date and title. For more information, see Configure Advanced Settings: Drawings.
Drawing Date: Edit the date the drawing was created as defined on the drawing itself.
Received Date: Edit the date you received the drawing.
Status: You cannot change the drawing's status from this page. You can publish drawings from the set view. See Publish Unpublished Drawings. You cannot unpublish drawings once they're published.
Changes are automatically saved once you click out of a field.
Bulk Edit Multiple Drawings
Note: This option allows you to bulk edit multiple drawings to have the same date and/or discipline. To edit drawings with different dates and disciplines, see the "Edit a Single Drawing" section below.
- Navigate to the Drawings log page.
- Check the checkboxes to the left of the drawings you would like to edit, select the checkbox next to the discipline to select all drawings under that discipline, or click the Select All link above your Drawing log to select all the the drawings in the set you are viewing.
Note: You can delete as many or as little as you want.
Note: You may select multiple drawings across different drawing sets.
Once all relevant drawings are selected, click the orange Bulk Edit button on the right side of the screen.
Select which field(s) you would like to edit by checking the checkbox next to either "Discipline", "Drawing Date" "Received Date", "Drawing Set", or "Change Obsolete Status", or any combination of them.
Once you check the checkbox(es), you can edit the fields with your values or settings.
Note: There is a 255-character limit on the discipline title.
- Click Update.
The changes will be applied to all selected drawings.