To add measurements to a drawing in the Drawings tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Read only' and above on the project's Drawings tool.
- Drawing calibrations, areas, and distances are meant to be private to you, and only appear on your Personal layer.
- Navigate to the project's Drawings tool.
- Search and filter for the drawing to which you would like to add measurements.
- Click the drawing.
1 - Calibrate Your Drawing
The first time you add measurements to a drawing, you will first have to calibrate the drawing in the markup toolbar.
- Click the Calibrate tool.
- Find a place on the drawing where you know the measurement (i.e. the length of a wall). Click and drag the calibration to the end of the length.
- Enter the length in feet and inches or meters.
- Click Save.
Note: If you ever delete this calibration, all of your measurement markups will still be in place. However, they will be re-calculated when you add in a new calibration.
2 - Measure Area
- Click the Area tool.
- Click and drag the rectangle shape to the end of the area you want to measure.
- View the area in the shape.
3 - Measure Distance
- Click the Ruler tool.
- Click and drag the ruler to the end of the length you want to measure.
- View the distance on the line.