To view a document using Procore's built-in PDF viewer.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To view a 'Public' document (i.e., a document NOT marked 'Private'), 'Read only,' 'Standard,' or 'Admin' level permissions on the Documents tool.
- To view a document marked 'Private', 'Admin' level permission on the Documents tool.
- 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permission on the project's Admin tool.
- The user's project permission template must be granted the 'Access Private Folders and Files' granular permission. See Grant Granular Permissions in a Permission Template.
- Supported File Types:
Note: If your file is a different file type, you may still be able to Preview the File.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the project's Documents tool.
- Navigate to the file you wish to view using the file tree on the left.
- Click on the image thumbnail or click View Document in the right pane.
(Note: You will see a full screen display of the document. See the Viewer Controls below.)
Use the viewer's control options, as necessary. (Explained from left to right in the image above)
- Click the + and - magnifying glass icons to zoom in and out of the document.
- Click the empty magnifying glass icon to perform a contextual keyword search. All instances of your keyword search will appear with hyperlinks on the right hand side of the screen. Click the icon again to close the sidebar.
- Click the download icon to download the file.
- Click the X icon to exit the PDF viewer and return to view the document in the Documents tool.