To remove a person from the Project level Directory tool.
If you have a person on a project that you want to remove, use the steps below to permanently remove that user from the Project Directory. Note that when you remove a person's user record, that person will no longer be available as a selection in any of the project's Assignee lists. However, all of the user's past activities on the will remain a permanent part of the project's historical record.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the Project level Directory tool.
- In order to remove a user from a project, any items on which the user is assigned on the project (e.g., the user is an 'Approver' on a submittal or the 'Assignee' on an RFI) must be reassigned to another user or the user must complete the assigned task (e.g., the user must submit a reply on the submittal or the user must submit a reply to the RFI and the RFI must be 'Closed' by the RFI Manager).
- Additional Information:
- Only the user's contact record is removed from the Project Directory.
- All of the user's past activities remains a permanent part of the project's historical record.
- Navigate to the project's Directory tool.
This reveals the Project Directory page.
- Locate the user to remove and then click Edit.
Note: To search the directory for a match, see Search and Filter the Project Directory.
This opens the user's profile in edit mode.
- Click Remove from Project.
A confirmation message appears.
- Click OK to acknowledge the confirmation message.
A YELLOW banner appears at the top of the page to confirm that the user was removed. This action removes the user from the project and also from any associated email distribution lists for that project.
Note: If you would like to deactivate the user and prevent him or her from accessing your company's Procore account, continue with Deactivate a User from the Company Directory.