To add a distribution group to the Project Directory.
A distribution group is a collection of users. In Procore, distribution groups give your end users an easy way to send email messages and notifications to members of the group, instead of having to add individual recipients to an email message or notification. Distribution groups can be created at either the Company or Project level. Once created, groups can then be added as recipients in the To, Cc, and other recipient fields in Procore's Company and/or Project level tools. For example, you might create distribution groups named ‘Owner/CM’, 'Foremen/Superintendents', or ‘Accounting’ to keep stakeholders informed of relevant Procore activities.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Directory tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can only add users to a distribution group that already exist in the project's directory. If you cannot find a specific user, you must first add the new person to the project's directory.
- You can also create Company level Distribution Groups. See Add a Distribution Group to the Company Directory.
- If you add a group to a distribution list like the drawing log subscribers, any additions or subtractions to the group will not be reflected in this list. For example, if you add a person to an "Internal" distribution group in the Directory, that person will not be added to the drawing log subscribers to reflect the group change.
- Navigate to the project's Directory tool.
This reveals the Project Directory page.
- Click Add Distribution Group.
This opens the 'Add a Distribution Group' box.
- Enter the name of the distribution group you want to create. For example, you might want to create a distribution group that keeps your Foreman/Superintendents team informed of any issues that may have a financial impact.
- Click Create.
This reveals the 'Edit Distribution Group' page.
- In the Add a Person to <Distribution Group Name> box, enter the names of the contacts that you want to add to the group.
Note: When start typing a name, a list of possible matches will appear. You can select a match to add it to add that person to the group.
This adds the person to the distribution group.
- Click Update.
This saves the changes to the new distribution group and returns you to the Project Directory page. It also adds the Distribution Group to Procore, so when sending out communications from that project's Procore tools, your new group appears as a selection anywhere you can add recipients.
Below is an example on how the new Distribution Group would appear in the 'To' list when creating an email with Procore's Emails tool (see Create an Email).