To create an entry in the Equipment Log of the Project level Daily Log tool.
The Equipment Log tracks the specific time that certain equipment or machines were used on the project, whether they were inspected and at what time, and the cost code related to them.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' level permission or above on the project's Daily Log tool.
- Manage any equipment added to this log by viewing the Equipment list in the Equipment page of the Admin tool (Note: Requires Admin permissions on the Admin tool).
- Navigate to the project's Daily Log tool.
- Click Create Daily Log.
- Select the Equipment Log from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the Equipment Log.
- Enter the following information.
No.: This uneditable field counts the number of entries in a Log category. (e.g. The first log entry created will be No. 1. The second log entry will be No. 2).
Equipment Name: Enter the name of the equipment that you're logging.
Hours: Idle Hours / Operating: Enter the number of hours the equipment was operating and the total number of hours the equipment was idle.
Cost Code: Select from the drop-down menu the cost code associated with the log entry.
Location: Select or enter a location from the Location drop-down menu.
(Note: You have the option to select an existing location from the list, or you can Add a Multi-tiered Location to an Item.)
Inspected: Mark the checkbox if the equipment was inspected before operation.
Inspection Time: Enter the time the equipment was inspected by selecting the hour and minutes from the drop-down menus.
Notes: Enter any notes that may describe the log entry. Pull the bottom right corner to expand the field.
Attachments: Attach any additional files to the log entry. Click Attach File(s) to select a file from your computer, or drag-and-drop the file from your computer to the gray area designated by Drag and Drop your File(s). Once you save your item, users will be able to click the attachment and view the attachment in Procore's document viewer.
- Click the Save button.