To view the bid package as an Admin on the Project level Bidding tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the Project level Bidding tool.
- 'Read-only' and above permissions on the Company level Planroom tool, added to the project's Directory and the Bid Package Distribution List.
About Your Procore Bid Package
When you Create a Bid Package in Procore, your bid information will live in the project's Bidding tool and your company's Planroom tool. When you click on the bid package you wish to view from your Bidding or Planroom log page, you will see that you have five (5) subtabs to help you track and organize activity on and information about your bid package.
General information about your bid package is stored under the Package subtab, which includes the title, important dates, the bid package preferences, as well as information that was included in the bid invitation email.
- Edit this page by clicking the gray Edit button in the top left.
(Note: See Edit a Bid Package.)
- Search for bidders by clicking the Search for Bidders button. Select which contacts from your project's directory will receive an invitation to bid email. If a contact cannot be found, you must add the company to your Directory. (Note: See Search for an Invite Bidders.)
- Delete the bid package from this window. Before deleting a bid package, please see Delete a Bid Package for more detailed instructions.
You can view information on the package's potential bidders from the Bid List subtab. This includes the following:
- Company Name: The name of each company that can be invited to bid on this specific bid package.
- Recipient List and Company Contact Information: The specific person from the bidding company to whom the invitation email was sent.
- Bid Invitation Last Sent: Timestamp of when the bid invitation email was sent to the bidding company's contact.
(Note: 'n/a' will be shown if the bid invitation email has not been sent to the bidding company.)
- Intent to Bid: Denotes the bidding company's intention to bid on the project. Bidders can declare their intentions directly in the bid invitation email. (Note: If a bidder declared an intention to bid, you may want to send them a reminder email to submit their bid leading up to the bid submission deadline.)
- Submission Status: Denotes whether or not the bidder has successfully submitted a bid.
- Bid Amount: The total amount of the bid. If you selected 'Blind Bidding' for the bid package configuration, the bid amounts will be hidden until the bid submission deadline has passed.
Manage your bidders by performing the following actions:
- Export the bid package's information, which also includes company information, to a PDF by clicking on the PDF icon.
- Delete the company from the bid list only if the company hasn't been sent an invitation email. Click the X to delete the company from the bid list.
- If you added bidders to your bid package that you haven't invited to bid, a yellow banner will appear at the top of the bid list as a visual reminder of how many outstanding invitations have yet to be sent.
(Note: You can see which bidders haven't been invited yet by seeing which ones have the blue Invite button in their row as opposed to a gray Re-invite button. You may also individually invite and re-invite your bidders by clicking these buttons).
- Search for bidders by clicking on the orange Search for Bidders button.
(Note: See Search for and Invite Bidders.)
- Resend bid invitations to all of your previously invited bidders by clicking the Resend Invitations button in the right sidebar.
(Note: This button will not send an email to bidders who have not been invited yet).
- Delete the bid package by clicking on the orange Delete button on the right.
(Note: See Delete a Bid Package.)
Filter and Group Options
If you have a long list of bidders with more than one trade, intent to bid, and/or submission status, you can filter your bid list. This is also useful if you have a smaller bid list, but want to see if you have enough bid coverage across each trade in the bid package. See Filter and Group the Bid List.
You can configure the columns on your bid list to select which columns you want to show and hide. You can also reorder the columns in your bid list, or reset to show the default columns in the bid list.
- Click the grid icon at the top of the bid list. Mark the boxes next to columns you want to show, and unmark the boxes next to columns you want to hide.
Manage any addenda (called correspondence) related to this bid package from this subtab. You can send a new correspondence, as well as view and reply to older correspondences.
(Note: See Send a New Correspondence in the Bidding Tool.)
Use the Download Log to track when bid documents were downloaded. Any time a bidder downloads bid documents, it will be stored in this list as a helpful reference. For example, if you've made changes to a bid package's documents, you may want to use the download log to determine who might have downloaded an outdated version. If a bidder declared an intention to bid but has yet to download the bid documents, you may want to send a reminder to download the documents. Typically, bidders will not submit a bid on time if they haven't successfully downloaded all bid documents at an earlier time.
This log tracks any changes to the bid package information on the Package subtab including when the package was made, title changes, date changes, etc. as well as show who performed each change.