To upload all of your bid documents to a designated folder in your project's Documents tool, which will be used to serve all required documentation to subcontractors who are responding to your bid invitation.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Documents tool
- You should upload your bid documents before you Create a Bid Package.
When you Create a Bid Package, you will attach a folder from your project's Documents tool, which contains all required bid documentation such as the "Bid Set" of drawings, specifcations or project manual, bid instructions, addendums, and more. Although you can only attach a single folder, that folder can contain subfolders, which you may use for organizational purposes. When a folder is attached to a bid package, all of its subfolders are also attached. Depending on whether you create a single bid package for the project or choose to create multiple, trade-specific bid packages, it's recommended that you organize your folder and sub-folder structure accordingly.
Here is an example folder structure:
- Determine how you want to organize the bid documents in the project's Documents tool.
- Navigate to the project's Documents tool.
- Create a Folder and/or subfolders accordingly.