To create a bid package using Procore's Bidding tool.
Procore's Bid Management Tool allows companies to distribute bid documents, manage bid lists, and invite bidders via email. Once invited, bidders can log in to Procore to retrieve bid documents and submit their bid.
- Create a Bid Documents folder in the Documents tool (Note: See Prerequisites above).
- Navigate to your project's Bidding tool.
- Click the orange Create Bid Package button on the right.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Title: Give your bid package a title (e.g. Plumbing). This will show up on the Bidding tool’s list page and in the email that your subcontractors will receive. The title appears as #1 in the screenshot of the email subcontractors will receive below.
- Number: Give your bid package a number. If you have existing bid packages, this field will populate with the next number in the sequence.
- Due Date/Time: Set the date and time when this bid will be due. If you receive authorization to extend the bid, you'll have to change the Bid Due Date to reflect this; otherwise, bidders may not be able to enter their amounts if they're attempting to enter their quotes after the initial bid due date
You may enable the option to allow bid submissions after the due date. This will appear on the invitation email your subcontractors will receive. The due date/time appears as #2 in the screenshot of the email subcontractors will receive below.
- Status: Select ‘Open’ if the bid package is still in progress. Select ‘Closed’ if the bid has been awarded and closed.
- Distribution: Add members to this list who will be notified when bids are submitted.
- Enable Blind Bidding: Check this box if you do not want to see any bid amounts until the due date. See What is blind bidding?
- Disable the Electronic Submission of Bids: Check this box for projects that do not allow subcontractors to submit bids electronically.
- Anticipated Award Date: Set an anticipated award date for the package. This date will display on the bid sheet.
- Bid Documents
- Bid Drawings: Add bid drawings to the package by clicking the drop-down menu under Drawing Set and choosing a drawing set from the project's Drawings tool to upload. If you wish, you can further filter these drawings by choosing a discipline. (e.g. You can add all plumbing drawings in the bid set).
- Specification Sets: Reference the specific contract documents or section of the specification book that's related to the bid package by choosing from the drop-down menu. (Note: If the Specifications tool is enabled on the project, the selections in this menu are populated with the spec sections from that tool, and it will display as a link upon saving the bid package. If the Specifications tool is disabled on the project, the selections in this menu are populated with values from the project's Admin tool.)
- Bid Documents: Add bid documents to the package by clicking Attach Folder and selecting the appropriate folder from the project's Documents tool to upload. The folder will appear in the invitation email your subcontractors will receive. Locked/Private folders can not be configured to a bid package. A link to download the bid documents appears on as #3 in the screenshot of the email subcontractors will receive below.
- Bid Sheet Accounting Method: Choose whether you would like to add the option to enable Non-Itemized bids, which changes bidding from the line item specific bidding to one lump sum.
- Countdown Emails: Enable daily countdown emails. These emails will go out the last few days before the bid is due to remind companies to bid.
- You can also set defaults for each these fields in the company admin tab to have them pre-populate each time you create a package.
- The bid instructions and invitation email text will appear under the [Title] - Bid Package Details section of the email; this is #4 in the screenshot of the email subcontractors will receive below.
- Set your walkthrough preferences and walkthrough information.
- Pre-Bid Walkthrough: Optional: Enable Pre-Bid Walkthrough to set a site walkthrough date, time, and notes. This will be #5 in the bid invitation email screenshot below.
- Click Create Bid Package.
Once you invite users to bid on your project, the information you filled out here will be sent via email to those users. The information will appear like this: