To select the winning bid and convert it into a new subcontract that you can email to the subcontractor who was awarded the scope of work.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on your project's Bidding and Commitments tool
- The Commitments tool needs to be turned on enabled in order to convert winning bids.
- To award a contract to the winning bid, the following must be true:
- The Bid Sheet must be past its Due Date/Time.
- At least one (1) bid must be submitted from an invited bidder (i.e., a subcontractor/vendor).
- If your company has enabled the ERP Integrations tool:
- The Convert to Contract button is supported.
- Important! To sync data with your integrated ERP system, you must set the cost type on the subcontracts as follows:
- Dexter + Chaney Spectrum: Use the default Subcontract cost type set up for the Spectrum Microservice during the implementation process.
- QuickBooks: The cost type for subcontracts should always be set to Other 'O'.
- Sage 300 CRE: Navigate to the ERP Integrations tool, click Configure Settings , and then manually select a default cost type for the contract.
- Viewpoint Vista. Navigate to the ERP Integrations tool, click Configure Settings , and then manually select a default category for the contract.
- Navigate to the project's Bidding tool.
This reveals the Bid Packages page.
- Locate the desired bid package in the list in the Bid Packages page. Then click View.
This reveals the Bid List tab in the Showing Bids For page.
- Locate the winning bid from the desired company in the Bid List tab. Then click View.
- In the right sidebar, click Convert to Subcontract.
- If the conversion was successful, a yellow banner appears to confirm it.
- The company with the winning bid is automatically added to the Project Directory in your company's Procore account. Individual users associated with the company are NOT automatically added to the Project Directory.
The system automatically redirects you to the project's Commitments tool and opens the new contract's General tab in view mode. The contract includes the all of the appropriate information that was converted from the winning bid from the project's Bidding tool.
- In the General tab of the contract, click the Schedule of Values sub tab to see a breakdown of the scope of work.
- If you want to notify the company about the winning bid, click Email Contract.
This reveals the commitment's Emails tab.
- In the Emails tab, do the following:
- To. Select the names of the desired recipients.
- CC. Select the names of the people who should be carbon-copied on the email.
- Private. Mark the checkbox if you only want the recipients and users with 'Admin' level permission to the Commitments tool to see the email. This is the default setting.
- Attachments. Add one or more files to email message. If appropriate to your situation, it is recommended that you always add add your company's official contract form as an attachment.
- Message. Type the body of your email message. It is recommended that you always provide clear instructions to your recipients (i.e., subcontractors) with regards to how contracts and documents must be signed. Your message should also include a reminder to return the signed contract, which can conveniently be added as an attachment in their email response.
Note: The email message will automatically include the contract details.
- Click Send.
The system sends the contract to the designated recipients.