To edit existing locations to transform them into tiered locations and how to edit tiered locations.
If your project was created before October 2015, the existing locations in Procore are likely tied to existing items (e.g. RFIs, Submittals, etc.). You can now edit your existing locations to create tiered locations. Using tiered naming conventions gives you greater flexibility when defining project locations in Procore. For example, you might currently have a a location named "East Wing Men's Restroom" and another location named "East Wing Women's Restroom." With multi-tiered locations, you can create a first tier location named "East Wing" and then second tier locations for "Men's Restroom" and "Women's Restroom." You can create as many tiers as needed.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Admin tool.
Important! Any changes to the locations in your project are updated in every place that references that location. For example, if your project has existing single-tier location called “East Wing Men’s Bathroom” and you want to rename the first tier “East Wing” and create a second tier within the East Wing named, “Men’s Bathroom,” any items in Procore that had been tied to the single-tier location will be automatically set to use the new "East Wing" first tier location. If you want your items to point to the second tier location, you will need to manually edit that information in the appropriate tool. For more information, see:
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
- Under 'Project Settings' in the right pane, click Locations.
- Locate the location or tier that you want to edit.
- If you want to use the search feature, highlight the location or tier that you want to search within. Then start typing the location or tier name to find the desired match.
- Click the icon with the vertical dots and then choose Edit from the shortcut menu.
- Type over the existing entry to change the location name.
- Click the green checkmark.
This saves your changes automatically, so you can navigate away from the page when done editing.