To change your project's stage of construction to reflect its most current stage.
Changing your stage of construction is not only important for your records and organization, it is also important to enable certain functions, like the ability to bid. In the case of bidding, your bidders will not be able to submit a bid on your project unless you are in a stage of construction that allows for this. Typically, only the bidding stage allows for bids, but you can also add a custom stage of construction that allows for bidding.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Admin tool.
- By default, Subcontractors can only submit bid on projects when the project is set to the 'Bidding' stage.
- If you want to create a custom stage that allows bidding, see Add a Custom Project Stage.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Project Settings, make sure General is selected.
- Scroll to General Project Settings.
- From the Project Stage list, select the project's stage. To create the selections that appear in this list, see Add a Custom Project Stage.
- Click Update.
The system saves the updated project setting.