To configure the advanced settings for your company's Documents tool.
If you have the required user permission, you can configure privacy and permission settings for your company's Documents tool. Keep in mind that the Steps below only affect the Company level Documents tool and are unique from the advanced settings that might be configured on each project's Documents tool (see Configure Advanced Settings: Project Documents).
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the company's Documents tool.
- Additional Information:
- To a complete list of tasks that can be performed by permission level, see the Permissions Matrix.
- Navigate to your company's Documents tool.
This reveals the Documents page.
- Click Configure Settings .
This opens the Company Document Settings page.
- Click Document Settings.
- Set your desired privacy option for the company's Documents tool:
Documents and Folders Private by Default. If you want the system to automatically mark new files and folders as Private, place a checkmark in this box. If you want new files and folders to be visible to users with 'Read Only' level permission or higher to the Documents tool, remove the checkmark from this box.
Update. Click this button to update your setting(s).
- Click Permissions Table.
This reveals the User Permissions for Documents page.
- Set the user's access permission level for tool by clicking the icon in the desired column so a GREEN checkmark appears:
The color-coded icons in the user permissions area denotes the user's access permission level to the tool. To learn more, see What are the default permission levels in Procore?
Icon Color Definition GREEN The user has been granted this access permission level to the tool. RED The user has NOT been granted this access permission to the tool. GREY The user is either (1) a Procore Administrator or, (2) has been granted access permission to the Procore tools on this project using a permission template (see What is a permission template?). To change the user's access permission level, follow the steps in Manage Permission Templates.