To deactivate a user from a Procore account so that he/she can no longer log in to a Procore account and access company-specific information.
You are NOT permitted to delete a user from your organization's Procore company account. This is because users are frequently tied to historical information about a construction project, and it is important to keep each user's information in your company's Procore database for accurate recordkeeping. You can, however, deactivate a user's profile so that the user can no longer log in to your organization's Procore company account.
Before you deactivate a user in the Company Level Directory tool, you will first want to ensure that if that user has been assigned to any items in Procore that require a pending action, you either close that item or reassign responsibility for completing the tasks associated with that item to another user. For best results, Procore recommends that you always perform those steps prior to the deactivation.
Tip! If you are a user with 'Admin' level permission to the company's Reports tool, follow the steps in View Assignment Report. This allows you to view all of the 'Open' items currently assigned to a user.
Some considerations to take into account prior to deactivating a user are outlined in the example below.
If a user is associated with any open items on an active project, be sure to either close those items or reassign them to another user using the appropriate Procore tool. This should always be completed prior to deactivating a user in your organization's Company Level Directory tool.
Some best-practice considerations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Is the user an 'Employee' who requires a final timecard entry in the 'Timecard Entry' area of the Daily Log? See Create a Timecard Entry.
- Is the user designated in the 'Assignment' field on a meeting item? See Edit a Meeting Item.
- Is the user designated as 'Point of Contact' for a Responsible Contractor in an inspection? See Edit a Project Level Inspection.
- Is the user designated as an 'Assignee' on an observation? See Edit an Observation.
- Is the user designated in the 'Assigned To' field on a punch list item? See Edit a Punch List Item.
- Is the user an 'RFI Manager' or 'Assignee' on an RFI? See Edit an RFI.
- Is the user a 'Submittal Manager' or an 'Approver' on a submittal? See Edit a Submittal.