To grant a user the privilege to add new projects to your company's Procore account.
Typically, your company designates a single individual to as your company's Procore Administrator. Typically, this person is responsible for adding new construction projects to your Company Portfolio (a.k.a., a list of your company's projects in Procore). In some organization's, your Procore Administrator may want to delegate the authority for creating projects to a trusted individual. To accommodate this need, a user with 'Admin' level permission to the Company Directory can use the steps below to grant one or more user(s) the privilege to create new projects. This makes the Portfolio tool's 'Add New Projects' button available to that user.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions to the Company Directory to grant the 'Create New Project' privilege to a user.
- Additional Information:
- The privilege to create new new projects in your company's Procore account can be granted to any person in the Company Directory This privilege makes the "Add New Project" button visible and available to the user in the Portfolio tool. It does not affect the other Company level permissions set for the user in the "Company Permissions" area of their user profile.
- Users granted this privilege will automatically be granted 'Admin' level permissions to all of the Project level tools set as active tabs in the projects they create.
Grant a User the 'Create New Project' Privilege
- Navigate to the company's Directory tool.
This reveals the Company Directory page.
- Locate the user's profile. Then click Edit.
This reveals the Edit [User Name] Contact Information page.
- Scroll down to the 'Project Settings' area.
- Under the New Project Settings area, mark the Allow [User Name] to Create New Projects. [User Name] will have full administrative access to any projects that they create checkbox.
Important! Any user who is granted the 'Create New Project' privilege will automatically be assigned full 'Admin' level permissions to every project that he or she creates. The configured permission template will only be applied when the user is added to a project created by a different person.
This allows the users to create new projects in your company's Procore account.