To add a distribution group to the Company Directory.
A distribution group is a collection of users. In Procore, distribution groups give your end users an easy way to send email messages and notifications to members of the group, instead of having to add individual recipients to an email message or notification. Distribution groups can be created at either the Company or Project level. Once created, groups can then be added as recipients in the To, Cc, and other recipient fields in Procore's Company and/or Project level tools. For example, you might create distribution groups named ‘Owner/CM’, 'Foremen/Superintendents', or ‘Accounting’ to keep stakeholders informed of relevant Procore activities.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To add a distribution group, 'Admin' level permission on the company's Directory tool
- Additional Information:
- Many Procore clients prefer to create and manage distribution groups at the Company level. However, you can also create Project level Distribution Groups if desired. See Add a Distribution Group to the Project Directory.
- When you add a Company level Distribution Group to Procore, that group can be used in Procore's Project level tools. However, keep the following in mind:
- For a member of a Company level Distribution Group to be included on a Project level distribution, the member must be added to the Project Directory. For example, if you create a Company level Distribution group that contains five (5) subcontractors, but only two (2) of those subcontractors have been added to a project's Directory tool, only the names of the two (2) subcontractors will be populated as recipients when the Distribution Group is used at the Project level.
- A Company level Distribution Group only becomes visible on a project when at least one (1) member of the Company level distribution group has been added to the Project Directory (see Add a Person to the Project Directory).