To set up a new budget view to add to projects in your company.
The Configurable Budget tool allows you to manage your internal project Budget by allowing you to create a view (i.e. template) of your budget with financial data presented in user-defined columns and formats.
The configurable views allow your company to create multiple alternative views of your financial data that can each incorporate different information from Procore's financial tools.
There are a few steps and options when configuring a budget.
- Add a Budget View
- Add the View to Projects
- Preview the View with a Project
- Configure the Project View
Add a Budget View
- Navigate to the company level Admin tool.
- Click Budgeting Configuration.
- Click the Set Up a New Budget View button.
- Select a view to start building your budget view off of:
- Procore Standard Budget: This view builds off of the Procore default budget for projects, and your view will inherit all columns that are in that budget.
- Blank Budget View: This view contains the bare minimum amount of columns which allows you to add and customize as needed.
- My Views: All views you have previously created are listed here, and you can choose one to continue building on.
- Click Create to generate a new view. You still have the option to later configure columns as necessary.
- Enter in a View name.
- Enter in a View Description.
Add the View to Projects
- Click View Options to add this view to certain projects.
- Select the projects you want this view added to . You can add as many projects as you like.
- Click Done.
Preview The View with a Project
- To temporarily preview the budget view with a specific project, select a project under the Preview with Project dropdown menu.
Note: Although you are able to preview the view with any project in your company, you will only see the view in projects you have specifically added the view to. If you have not added this view to a project yet, see Add the View to Projects above.
Configure and Edit Budget View
- Click the Configure Columns button. You have the following options:
Show and Hide Columns
- Select or deselect a column to either hide or display it on the budget. If youare not using the Prime Contract, you should turn off Approved COs, Pending Budget Changes and Project Budget columns.
Note: The Division, Sub Job, Cost Code, and Category fields are used to "Group By" on the default budget view and do not appear as columns (even if checked) unless a different grouping method is chosen.
Note: If you selected "Procore Standard Budget" in Step 4 in the Add a Budget section, it is recommended that you turn off columns that use a Source (or Calculations off of a Source column) that you don't use.
Edit a column
- Click the column you wish to edit. If you are not using the Prime Contract tool, you should edit Revised Budget to Removed Approved COs.
- Click Edit.
Note: You can also navigate to the Configure Columns window by previewing the budget view, hovering your mouse over the name of the column you want to edit, clicking on the gray arrow that appears to the right of the column name, and clicking Edit.
- You can edit the column name. If the column is a calculated or source column, you can edit those calculations and source and source filters.
- Click Update to update the column. If you want to save the column as a completely new column, click Save as New.
Create a calculated column
Note: Calculations will follow the mathematical order of operations (i.e. multiplication and division actions will occur before addition and subtraction).
- Click + Create Calculated column or click Createin the top right corner and select Calculated.
- Type a name for your column.
- Select the first column in your calculation.
- Click one of the following operators for actions you would like to perform on the columns:
- + (Add)
- - (Subtract)
- * (Multiply)
- / (Divide)
- Select the second column in the calculation.
- Add as many columns as you'd like in the calculation.
- Once you are done with your calculation, click Create. Your new calculated column will appear at the top of the list of calculated columns in the left.
Note: Once you exit out of the Configure Columns window, the newly created column will appear as the last column on the budget view.
Create a Source column
- Click + Create Source Column or click Create in the top right corner and select Source.
- Type a name for your column.
- Select one of the following for your source:
- Select which source(s) you want to use, filter as necessary (e.g. change orders, purchase orders)..
Note: The Change Order scope is based off the Change Events tool, and for companies not using the Change Events tool, this filter will not matter.
- Click Create. Your new source column will appear at the top of the list of source columns in the left.
Note: Once you exist out of the Configure Columns window, the newly created column will appear as the last column on the budget view.
- Once you have made your changes in the Configure Columns window, you can rearrange the order that they appear on the budget view from the Preview display. Start by hovering your mouse over the name of the column you want to rearrange.
- Click the column and drag the column to its desired location.
- Release the mouse to drop the column.
- Once you are finished setting up and editing your budget view, click Done in the top right corner.
- View Budget View on the Project
For feedback or comments to the product team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org