This documentation details alpha, beta, and other prerelease software, and its accuracy and reliability is not guaranteed by Procore Technologies, Inc. It is being provided online for internal use and evaluation by authorized Procore Beta Participants only. To determine if your company is a Procore Beta Participant, please contact your ProcoreProcore point of contact . Procore is not responsible for and expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to this documentation and will not be responsible for any harm, loss, costs, or damages incurred due to its use.
To send data from the project's Budget tool to your company's ERP Integrations tool so it can then be accepted or rejected for export to Viewpoint Vista by an accounting approver.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To send a budget to the ERP Integrations tool: 'Admin' level permission on the Budget tool.
- Add the Viewpoint Vista Job to your company's ERP Integrations tool. See Add a Vista Viewpoint Job to Procore.
- Ensure the project's cost codes are updated and synced to Viewpoint Vista. See Update Project Cost Codes
- Create or update the project budget:
- The budget must be locked before the export. See Lock a Budget.
- After exporting a budget from Procore to Viewpoint Vista, the import function (i.e., from Viewpoint Vista to Procore) will no longer be available for that job/budget.
- The ability to unlock the Procore budget (see Unlock a Budget), resend data to Viewpoint Vista, add budget line items, and create budget modifications will be disabled until:
- The export from Procore to Viewpoint Vista is complete and the exported entries have been manually posted to Viewpoint Vista using its Job Cost function. See your Viewpoint Vista Help system for instructions.
- The synced data is visible in the Job Costs Report. See View Job Costs Report.
Note: After entries have been posted in the Viewpoint Vista Job Cost function, the data will sync back to Procore according to the set schedule (see View the Sync Schedule Page for Vista Viewpoint).
- Additional Information:
- Typically, a project manager performs this task.
- Navigate to the project's Budget tool.
This reveals the Budget page.
- In the 'Budget' page, under 'Cost Code Detail', review the budget's line items.
Note: If your budget contains sub job information, it is listed in the budget
- When you are ready to send your budget to the ERP Integrations tool for acceptance by an accounting approver, click Send to ERP (or, if you've previously sent the budget, click Re-send to ERP).
If you have not sent the budget… If you have previously sent the budget…
- If the Send to ERP (or Re-send to ERP) button is grayed out and unavailable, hover your cursor over the question mark (?) to learn why. Typically, its because the project's ERP data has not yet been synced or because the item does not meet the minimum requirements (see above).
- If the Retrieve from ERP button appears, the data has already been sent to the ERP Integrations tool.
After you sync the budget for the first time, you can also sync an updated Procore budget to Viewpoint Vista:
The system sends the original budget and budget modifications to the ERP Integrations tool where it can be accepted or rejected for export to Viewpoint Vista by an accounting approver.