To consolidate your list of vendors in your Viewpoint Vista and Procore directories so that there are no duplicates and that active Viewpoint Vista vendors can be linked to their matching entry in Procore.
Now that all of your Viewpoint Vista active vendors data is visible in Procore, the next step is to consolidate that list. It’s important to remember that a “vendor” in Viewpoint Vista is equivalent to a “company” in Procore. Therefore, you must make sure that the vendors in your Viewpoint Vista account are accurately represented in your Procore Directory at the Company level. Remember, you only need to link the vendors and companies that you’re going to use in new construction projects that will be managed in Procore. If you have a large number of vendors in your Viewpoint Vista database that will not be involved in any new construction projects, it’s not necessary to establish an accurate link between your Viewpoint Vista and Procore directories. However, it is recommended that you archive those inactive Viewpoint Vista vendors in Procore.
It’s recommended that you consolidate your directories in the following order.
- Link a Vendor Record to an Existing Company Record: If a vendor record marked 'Active' in Viewpoint Vista already exists as a company record in Procore, you can link them together in the ERP Integrations tool.
Note: When looking for potential vendor/company matches between the two (2) systems with the ERP Integrations tool, you can narrow the display to show only those records with potential matches. To do this, click the Vendor tab, click Ready to Import, and then place a mark in the Show Suggested Procore Matches checkbox.
- Import (a.k.a., Add) a Vendor Record to the Procore Company Directory: If vendor record in Viewpoint Vista does NOT already exist in Procore, you can import into your Procore account’s Company Directory and then link them together in the ERP Integrations tool.
- Archive: If a Viewpoint Vista vendor will not be used in any future jobs/projects managed with Procore, you can mark it inactive in Viewpoint Vista and it will appear in the 'Archived' filter in the Filters menu in the sidebar of the Vendors subtab in the ERP Integrations tool. (Note: Archived vendors can easily be unarchived at any time.)
- Add to Viewpoint Vista : If a company exists in your Procore account’s Company level directory, but does not exist in Viewpoint Vista, you can export the company as a new vendor in Viewpoint Vista and link them together.
Things to Consider
- It's strongly recommended that you first try to link any Viewpoint Vista vendors that already exist in your Procore account's Company level Directory.