To send data from your project's Budget tool to your company's ERP Integrations tool.
After you create and/or update a project's budget in Procore, you will want to send the new and updated data in the Budget tool to your company's ERP Integrations tool. Typically, a project manage Once the data is successfully sent to the ERP Integrations tool, it can then be accepted or rejected for export to Sage 300 CRE by your company's accounting approver.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To send a budget to the ERP Integrations tool: 'Admin' level permission on the Budget tool.
- Add the Sage 300 CRE Job to Procore. See Add a Sage 300 CRE Job to Procore.
- Ensure the project's cost codes updated and synced to Sage 300 CRE. See Update Project Cost Codes.
- Create or update the project budget:
- The budget must be locked before the export. See Lock a Budget.
- After you export a project's budget from Procore to Sage 300 CRE, you will NOT be permitted to import a Sage 300 CRE job's estimate into Procore.
- The ability to unlock the Procore budget (see Unlock a Budget), resend data to Sage 300 CRE, add budget line items, and create budget modifications will be disabled until:
- The export from Procore to Sage 300 CRE is complete and the exported entries have been manually posted to Sage 300 CRE using its Job Cost function. See your Sage 300 CRE Help system for instructions
- The synced data is visible in the Job Costs Report. See View Job Costs Report.
- After posting entries in your Sage 300 CRE Job Cost function, the data will sync back to Procore according to the set schedule. See View the Sync Schedule Page for Sage 300 CRE.
- If you want to expedite the sync back to Procore, you may the On-Demand Sync option via the hh2 synchronization client. See Perform an On-Demand Sync.
- Additional Information:
- If your budget includes Procore Sub Jobs that you want to export to Sage 300 CRE as an 'Extra' (a.k.a., 'Phase'), the sub job information in the Budget will also be sent the ERP Integrations tool.
- Navigate to the project's Budget tool.
This reveals the Budget page.
- In the 'Budget' page, under 'Cost Code Detail', review the budget's line items.
Note: If your budget contains sub job information, it is listed in the budget (see the arrows below).
- When you are ready to send your budget to the ERP Integrations tool for acceptance by an accounting approver, click Send to ERP (or, if you've previously sent the budget, click Re-send to ERP).
If you have not sent the budget… If you have previously sent the budget…
- If the Send to ERP (or Re-send to ERP) button is grayed out and unavailable, hover your cursor over the question mark (?) to learn why. Typically, its because the project's ERP data has not yet been synced or because the item does not meet the minimum requirements (see above).
- If the Retrieve from ERP button appears, the data has already been sent to the ERP Integrations tool.
After you sync the budget for the first time, you can also sync an updated Procore budget to Sage 300 CRE:
The system sends the original budget and budget modifications to the ERP Integrations tool where it can be accepted or rejected for export to Sage 300 CRE by an accounting approver.