To send a Procore project's budget to the ERP Integrations tool for acceptance by an accounting approver.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Budget tool.
- The company account must be integrated with QuickBooks. See QuickBooks: Setup Guide.
- The Budget tool must be an active tab on the project.
- The Procore project must be synced with QuickBooks. See Add a QuickBooks Job to Procore.
- All of the cost codes included in the project's budget must be synced with QuickBooks.
- The project's Budget tool must be locked before it can be sent to the ERP Integrations tool. See Lock a Budget.
- If you code Sub Jobs created in Procore to budget line items, the system will not permit you to send a budget to the ERP Integrations tool for accounting acceptance. You must first remove the subjobs.
- Additional Information:
- Typically, a project manager sends a locked budget to the ERP Integrations tool for accounting approval. An accountant granted proper authority can then accept or reject the budget as described in Accept or Reject a Budget in ERP.
- Navigate to the project's Budget tool.
This reveals the Budget page.
- In the 'Budget' page, under 'Cost Code Detail', review the budget's line items.
Note: If your budget contains sub job information, it is listed in the budget.
- When you are ready to send your budget to the ERP Integrations tool for acceptance by an accounting approver, click Send to ERP (or, if you've previously sent the budget, click Re-send to ERP).
If you have not sent the budget… If you have previously sent the budget…
- If the Send to ERP (or Re-send to ERP) button is grayed out and unavailable, hover your cursor over the question mark (?) to learn why. Typically, its because the project's ERP data has not yet been synced or because the item does not meet the minimum requirements (see above).
- If the Retrieve from ERP button appears, the data has already been sent to the ERP Integrations tool.
After you sync the budget for the first time, you can also sync an updated Procore budget to QuickBooks:
The system sends the original budget and budget modifications to the ERP Integrations tool where it can be accepted or rejected for export to QuickBooks by an accounting approver.