To export a budget from Procore to your company's integrated ERP system.
The workflow for creating, accepting, and exporting a Procore budget into an integrated ERP system includes these tasks:
- A project manager performs these tasks:
- Creates the project budget using the Budget tool.
- Locks the project's budget.
- Sends the budget to the ERP Integrations tool for acceptance by an accounting approver.
- An accounting approver (see What is the accounting approver role?) performs these tasks:
- Reviews the budget in the ERP Integrations tool.
- Submits one (1) of these responses to the budget using the ERP Integrations tool:
- Accept. Accepts the budget data and exports it from Procore.
- Reject. Rejects the budget and returns it to the Budget tool in an editable state. The data can then be corrected in the Budget tool and then re-sent to the ERP Integrations tool for acceptance by an accounting approver.
Follow the steps outlined below to set up a budget in Procore and then export it to QuickBooks.
Create and Send the Budget to ERP Integrations
The steps below are typically completed by a project manger or a user with 'Admin' level permission to the Budget tool.
- Create a budget in Procore. See Set up a Budget and/or Create a Budget Line Item.
- After the budget is complete, it must be locked in order to send it to the ERP Integrations tool. Click Lock Budget, for more information see Lock a Budget.
- Send the locked budget to the ERP Integrations tool for accounting acceptance. Click Send to ERP. For more information see Send a Budget to ERP Intergrations for Export to QuickBooks.
Review and Accept the Budget for Export to QuickBooks
The steps below are typically completed by an accountant who has been granted the following permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permission on the ERP Integrations tool.
- The person's account must be granted the 'Can Push to Accounting' privilege in the Company Directory. To request to enable this privilege, submit a request to your Procore point of contact. This must be enabled for you by Procore.
- Review the budget in the ERP Integrations tool.
- Submit an 'Accept' or 'Reject' response to the budget. See Accept or Reject a Budget for Export to QuickBooks.