To configure your company's Admin tool so that your QuickBooks Standard Cost Codes are available for use on projects.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
- Under 'Administrative Settings', click Cost Codes.
- In the Standard Cost Code Lists page, mark the checkbox that corresponds to the desired option:
Important! It is recommended that you utilize the QuickBooks Standard Cost Code list for any projects you desire to integrate with QuickBooks. Any projects using the Standard Cost Code List will not be able to be integrated.
- QuickBooks Standard Cost Codes. Mark this checkbox to permit new projects to use your QuickBooks codes (Note: If you want to review the codes, click the Edit button. This reveals the QuickBooks Standard Cost Codes page. To return to the Standard Cost Codes List view shown below, click the Cost Codes link under 'Administrative Settings' in the right-pane).
- Standard Cost Codes List. Mark this checkbox to permit new projects to use the Standard Cost Code list. Remove the checkmark if you do not want to use the Standard Cost Code list on new projects.
(Note: The Standard Cost Code list can either be the default list that is included with Procore or a custom cost code list that was imported for your company. See Edit and Add Company Cost Codes or Import Custom Cost Codes).
- Click Update.
This makes the selected cost code list available for use on new projects.
- Under 'Administrative Settings' click Contract Configuration.
- Ensure that under 'QuickBooks Standard Categories' only the 'Other' label and a single abbreviation displays. See What are Standard Categories in the Contract Configuration page?
You have successfully set your QuickBooks cost code preferences.