To configure the Procore + Box integration, which lets you link a personal Box account to Procore so you can upload files to the supported Procore tools.
Procore supports two (2) different integrations with Box (www.box.com): Procore + Box and Procore + Box Sync. See What is the difference between the Procore + Box & Procore + Box Sync integrations? Box is a online file sharing and content management service for individuals and businesses.
This article shows you how to configure the Procore + Box integration. With this integration, you can link your Box account to your Procore account to upload files stored in your Box account with the 'Select a file from Box' menu in Procore. This menu is available in a many tools throughout Procore. See Which Procore tools support the Box & Box Sync integrations?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To enable the Procore + Box integration, your company's Procore Administrator must first submit a request to your company's Procore point of contact to have it enabled on your company's Procore account.
- After the integration is enabled on your company's Procore account, users require 'Read-Only' level permission or higher on the company's Portfolio tool.
- Additional Information:
- After the Procore + Box integration is enabled on the company account, Procore users must follow the steps below to integrate the feature with their personal Box accounts.
- When you integrate a Box account, your personal Box account's login credentials (i.e., email address and password) are required to authenticate an active session. If you have a shared Box account with other users, it's recommended that each user sets up their Box configuration using their personal Box.com login credentials in order to access shared folders and files.
- The Procore + Box integration is a user-specific setting. This means that once you integrate your personal Box account to your Procore user account, you will be able to upload files from your linked Box account to any company account or project to which you have been granted access permission.
- You cannot add files directly from your Procore account and into your Box account. However, you can download files from your Procore account onto your desktop and then upload them into your Box account.
- Supported Procore Tools:
Before you can complete the steps below, your company's Procore point of contact must enabled the Procore + Box integration on your company's Procore account.
- Log in to Procore. See Log in to Procore Web.
- In the top-right corner, click your name and choose My Settings from the drop-down menu.
This opens the My Settings page.
- Next to the 'Box Integration' label, click the link shown below.
- Enter your login credentials (i.e., email address and password) for your Box account.
- Click Authorize.
- You will be prompted to grant Procore access to your Box account.
(Note: You're allowing Procore to access to your Box account's files using your own Box account credentials when you're logged in to Procore.) Remember, as long as you don't share your Procore user credentials with other users, you will be the only person who will be able to access your Box files from an active Procore user session.)
- Click Grant Access to Box. (Note: You may be prompted to close the integration window after a successful grant.)
Once entered, your Box and Procore user accounts will be linked, allowing you to directly pull files from your Box account directly into Procore. Since the integration is a user-specific setting, you will be able to access your Box files from any Procore account and project to which you have access. See Which Procore Tools support the Box & Box Sync integrations?
Now you will have the additional option of choosing files from your Box account whenever you see the Attach File(s) option in Procore.
Although a Procore account must be enabled by a Implementation Manager to allow users to integrate their own Box accounts with Procore, users must configure their own Box account integration themselves.