To log into Procore's iDp-initiated SSO solution for Microsoft Azure AD.
When your company's account is configured for iDp-Initiated SSO for Microsoft Azure Active Directory, you will need to know your email address and password for your Azure Active Directory domain.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To complete the steps below, you must know your Azure Active Directory Single-Sign On login credentials (i.e., email address and password). See your Company's Microsoft Azure Administrator for this information.
- Your company's Microsoft Azure Administrator must configure the Procore Application to work with your company's Azure Active Directory SSO. See Configure IdP-Initiated SSO for Microsoft Azure AD.
Azure Active Directory SSO is supported by the Procore web application only. It is not supported by Procore Mobile, Procore for Android, or Procore for iOS.
- Navigate to the Microsoft portal: http://myapps.microsoft.com/
- Enter your email address and click Continue.
- Enter your password and click Sign In.
- Under Applications page, click the Procore application.
Note: In this example, the Administrator named the application 'Procore SSO'. Your company's Administrator may choose to use a different name.
The system authenticates the user's identity and redirects them to the Procore web application.
Note: If the login credentials associated with a user has been granted access to more than one Procore company account, the user will have the ability to switch between company accounts in Procore. See Do I add two Procore apps in Azure Active Directory SSO if we have two company accounts in Procore?.