You uploaded files into Procore via the web application or a mobile app, and you now want to sync them to your Windows computer via Procore Sync. After the initial sync, you received an error stating "File path exceeds 260 characters."
The Windows operating system has an imposed file path limitation of 260 characters (for more information see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx). Because Procore does not have a limitation on file path length, you may not be able to sync the file to your Windows computer without shortening the file or folder names, or the path itself.
- Option 1: Rename the file.
- In Procore Sync, open the Recents tab.
- Click the Notifications page.
- Click the "Path too long" error.
Note: You will be directed to the file in Procore in your web browser.
- Rename the file to a shorter name (e.g. Project/Folder 1/Project File1234567.pdf > Project/Folder 1/Project File1.pdf)
- Option 2: Rename the containing folder.
- Navigate to the project's Documents tool.
- Click a folder in the file's path.
- Rename the folder to a shorter name. (e.g. Project/Project File's Containing Folder 1/File 1 > Project/Folder 1/File1).