Per the AIA Instructions Document, Stored Materials on Payment Applications should function in the following manner:
- Column F: Enter the value of Materials Presently Stored for which payment is sought. The total of the column must be recalculated at the end of each pay period. This value covers both materials newly stored for which payment is sought and materials previously stored which are not yet incorporated into the Project. Mere payment by the Owner for stored materials does not result in a deduction from this column. Only as materials are incorporated into the Project is their value deducted from this column and incorporated into Column E (Work Completed—This Period).
- Every time you create a new Payment Application or Draw Request in Procore, any value currently in Column F - Materials Stored will still be in Column F in the new Payment Application. If you are incorporating those materials into the project this month, you will need to manually move the proper amount from Column F to Column E - Work Completed this Period.
- Procore allows for there to be different retainage percents on Work Completed vs. Materials Stored. In the event that you do use a different retainage percent on each, it's important to note that the retainage value will be recalculated when you move an amount from Materials Stored to Work Completed. Here is an example where Work Completed Retainage is set at 10% and Materials Stored Retainage is set at 5%:
Pay App 1
- $50,000 Work Completed
- $5,000 Work Completed Retainage withheld
- $10,000 Materials Stored
- $500 Materials Stored Retainage withheld
Pay App 2 (Materials get incorporated and an additional $10,000 of work is completed)
- $70,000 Work Completed ($50,000 from Previous + $10,000 Work this Period + $10,000 Materials Stored)
- $7,000 Work Completed Retainage withheld
- $0 Materials Stored
- $0 Materials Stored Retainage withheld
In this example, a lower retainage amount was withheld on the materials while they were stored and then the full retainage was taken once they were incorporated into the project.
- Looking at the G702 Summary Page, note that line 5B for Materials Stored Retainage will only show a value if there are currently materials stored. All retainage moves into Work Completed retainage as the materials are incorporated into the project.